Can't get sound in DOS and other boot files problems.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thanatoid, Dec 5, 2008.

  1. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    Hi gang,

    It's been a REALLY long time since I've had to do any installs -
    Acronis True Image has spoiled me. I use some DOS programs but
    just file managers etc.

    So this is probably going to be fairly pathetic to most of you.

    I'm trying to set up my old 166MHz P1 for a DOS/95 game box. The
    machine works fine.

    I have looked at various websites, read seemingly relevant parts
    of MS-DOS books and program help files, and I have made some
    progress but I don't think I'm going to make any more.

    The machine has 96MB of RAM, a SB AWE64 card, a Matrox graphics
    card, an MS mouse serial mouse. (I finally managed to get the
    mouse to work in DOS. Sigh.)

    I put command.com in the root dir as well as having it in the 95
    windows\command. I'd like to just have one, but whatever I do,
    nothing works the way it should.

    Everything works fine in 95B but I want to work in DOS mostly. I
    have a 2GHz 98SELite machine for "current" things.

    Problems:

    1.
    There is great utility called ALIAS and I just can NOT get it to
    run from autoexec.bat. I can run it from its own little batch
    file but I'd rather not. It's been driving me NUTS for years - I
    used to run it just fine from autoexec.bat 15 years ago. WHAT
    happened, I don't know. And now I REALLY need it. Also, it has
    its own "doskey".

    2.
    There is no sound in DOS. I remember getting the message "cannot
    initialize device" when I tried to run AWEUTIL, I believe.

    3.
    Possibly lots of others but this is as far as I've gotten. Any
    looking-ahead advice will be appreciated.

    My boot files are as follows:

    config.sys:

    device=c:\sys\himem.sys
    dos=high,umb
    device=c:\sys\emm386.exe noems
    lastdrive=G
    DEVICEHIGH=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0
    /WIN95 /BLASTER=A:220 I:10 D:3 H:5
    DEVICEHIGH=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTMMSYS.SYS

    autoexec.bat:

    @echo off
    prompt $p$g
    SET COMPSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM
    PATH=c:\sys;c:sys\QM
    SET SOUND=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND
    SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
    SET BLASTER=A220 I10 D3 H5 P300 E620 T6
    rem C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD000 /M:6
    C:\SYS\ALIAS\ALIAS.COM /F c:\sys\alias\myalias.txt
    LH doskey.com
    LH mouse.com
    cls

    The paths are OK. The weird (?) stuff in the boot files was done
    because of what I read in one place or another /should/ be done.

    I'm trying a variety of DOS menu programs although XTree is
    always a great file manager, so that's why the QM entry (I don't
    know if PATH=C:\sys includes all the subdirectories so I added
    QM just in case). I will try more menus, but I'd like the thing
    to work first.

    Is there a kind soul that could please help me? Thanks.
    t.

    --
    "May you live in interesting times."
    (curse, origin disputed)
    thanatoid, Dec 5, 2008

  2. On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 02:24:16 -0600, philo aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

> [...]
    >> SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
    >> SET BLASTER=A220 I10 D3 H5 P300 E620 T6
    >> rem C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD000 /M:6
    >> C:\SYS\ALIAS\ALIAS.COM /F c:\sys\alias\myalias.txt
    >> LH doskey.com
    >> LH mouse.com
    >> cls
    >>
    >> The paths are OK. The weird (?) stuff in the boot files was done
    >> because of what I read in one place or another /should/ be done.
    >>
    >> I'm trying a variety of DOS menu programs although XTree is
    >> always a great file manager, so that's why the QM entry (I don't
    >> know if PATH=C:\sys includes all the subdirectories so I added
    >> QM just in case). I will try more menus, but I'd like the thing
    >> to work first.
    >>
    >> Is there a kind soul that could please help me? Thanks.
    >> t.
    >>

    > Have you confirmed the paths are correct for your drivers and your "alias"

    Yip...thats what looks weird to me:
    PATH=c:\sys;c:sys\QM
    Ive always used PATH=C:\COMMAND;C: then whatever additional drivers you
    need to load so it might look like this:
    PATH=C:\COMMAND;C:SYS\QM
    And maybe QM has some switches that need to be tacked on as well?
    :)
    One other thingy...the no ems in yer config sys.
    Would that limit memory for the driver yer trying to load?
    Jim Kitchen wrote an excellent DOS sound driver and I used that for some
    very old dos games...worked a charm on a 386 laptop with *no* soundcard to
    produce voice and music thru the tiny mobo speaker.

    HTH

    http://www.alternet.org
    §ñühwØ£f, Dec 5, 2008

  3. thanatoid

    Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote:

    >Hi gang,
    >
    >It's been a REALLY long time since I've had to do any installs -
    >Acronis True Image has spoiled me. I use some DOS programs but
    >just file managers etc.
    >
    >So this is probably going to be fairly pathetic to most of you.
    >
    >I'm trying to set up my old 166MHz P1 for a DOS/95 game box. The
    >machine works fine.
    >
    >I have looked at various websites, read seemingly relevant parts
    >of MS-DOS books and program help files, and I have made some
    >progress but I don't think I'm going to make any more.
    >
    >The machine has 96MB of RAM, a SB AWE64 card, a Matrox graphics
    >card, an MS mouse serial mouse. (I finally managed to get the
    >mouse to work in DOS. Sigh.)
    >
    >I put command.com in the root dir as well as having it in the 95
    >windows\command. I'd like to just have one, but whatever I do,
    >nothing works the way it should.
    >
    >Everything works fine in 95B but I want to work in DOS mostly. I
    >have a 2GHz 98SELite machine for "current" things.
    >
    >Problems:
    >
    >1.
    >There is great utility called ALIAS and I just can NOT get it to
    >run from autoexec.bat. I can run it from its own little batch
    >file but I'd rather not. It's been driving me NUTS for years - I
    >used to run it just fine from autoexec.bat 15 years ago. WHAT
    >happened, I don't know. And now I REALLY need it. Also, it has
    >its own "doskey".
    >
    >2.
    >There is no sound in DOS. I remember getting the message "cannot
    >initialize device" when I tried to run AWEUTIL, I believe.

    >3.
    >Possibly lots of others but this is as far as I've gotten. Any
    >looking-ahead advice will be appreciated.
    >
    >My boot files are as follows:
    >
    >config.sys:
    >
    >device=c:\sys\himem.sys
    >dos=high,umb
    >device=c:\sys\emm386.exe noems
    >lastdrive=G
    >DEVICEHIGH=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0
    >/WIN95 /BLASTER=A:220 I:10 D:3 H:5
    >DEVICEHIGH=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTMMSYS.SYS

    I used to run the AWE64 (gold (whoooo))

    My CONFIG.SYS was:
    DEVICEHIGH=J:\DosBoot\Sndblst\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0 /WIN95 /BLASTER=A:220
    J:5 D:1 H:5

    DEVICEHIGH=J:\DosBoot\Sndblst\CTMMSYS.SYS

    Nothing in the AUTOCONFIG.BAT to do with the sound card.

    >autoexec.bat:
    >
    >@echo off
    >prompt $p$g
    >SET COMPSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM
    >PATH=c:\sys;c:sys\QM

    Run SET in a command windows and see what your paths are if C:\sys
    isn't there, remove it. - don't run PATH as that will just erase your
    path (until the next reboot.)

    REM >SET SOUND=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND
    REM >SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
    REM >SET BLASTER=A220 I10 D3 H5 P300 E620 T6
    >rem C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD000 /M:6
    >C:\SYS\ALIAS\ALIAS.COM /F c:\sys\alias\myalias.txt

    Try the alias command line in a command window and see if it works,
    tweak it until it does.

    >LH doskey.com
    >LH mouse.com
    >cls

    Remove the CLS if any error were to be produced this would erase it.

    >The paths are OK. The weird (?) stuff in the boot files was done
    >because of what I read in one place or another /should/ be done.
    >
    >I'm trying a variety of DOS menu programs although XTree is
    >always a great file manager, so that's why the QM entry (I don't
    >know if PATH=C:\sys includes all the subdirectories so I added

    Path=C:\sys is only that directory, C:\sys\stuff\savetheworld.com
    would not work.

    --

    pastor dave helps jack off the horse
    http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/BrainerdClip.jpg
  4. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in

    > Have you confirmed the paths are correct for your drivers
    > and your "alias" program?

    Yes. They are correct.

    Why ALIAS won't load from autoexec is beyond me. It used to.
    What the hell, I'll go back to a.bat for it. SIGH. If I get a
    small simple menu working, it might become less crucial,
    although it is a great little utility. Of course, it /can/ be
    replaced by ten tiny batch files ;-)

    Thanks.

    thanatoid, Dec 5, 2008
  5. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    §ñühwØ£f <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >> Have you confirmed the paths are correct for your drivers
    >> and your "alias" program?

    > Yip...thats what looks weird to me:
    > PATH=c:\sys;c:sys\QM

    I have all useful DOS commands in c:\sys, as well as a few utils
    like ALIAS in their own subdirs of sys. Of course, Win95 has a
    command dir as well.

    I explained about the QM, that's probably just temporary. One
    thing I was worried about is the two (albeit identical)
    command.coms but since no one has mentioned that, and the
    machine "runs", I guess it's OK.

    > Ive always used PATH=C:\COMMAND;C: then whatever additional
    > drivers you need to load so it might look like this:
    > PATH=C:\COMMAND;C:SYS\QM

    Well, I don't have a command dir, I have a sys dir but otherwise
    there is no difference. Of course, I /could/ rename sys to
    command and modify the files, but if THAT made it work, I would
    /have to/ just shoot myself. You DO understand that?

    > And maybe QM has some switches that need to be tacked on as
    > well?
    >:)

    QM works, and it's got a calculator, up to 50 pages of GUI
    menus, an address book and phone dialer, etc., etc. - just way
    too much stuff although impressive - I'm sure it was fantastic
    in its day, but I don't need any of that so I'll probably end up
    using something smaller anyway... 30 tiny batch files if nothing
    else... It was just the first DOS menu I tried.

    > One other thingy...the no ems in yer config sys.
    > Would that limit memory for the driver yer trying to load?

    I have tried and tried to understand that damn expanded and
    extended memory and I have tried a config.sys with a menu for
    win, noems and "yes ems" and I guess I am just too old and
    stupid to really mess with stuff like that - although it did
    seem to work AFA ems and even gave me nice (yet fairly
    incomprehensible) confirmation messages, but /no sound/.

    At SOME point SOME sound HAS to come out of the speakers under
    DOS and then I can determine whether noems or ems is better and
    for what stuff or whether it even makes any difference. Like I
    said, I can NOT understand it with what's left of my brain.

    It /did/ just occur to me I could make an image of C: and then
    wipe it and install the basic stuff from scratch (I do NOT have
    the patience for tweaking a fresh install) just to see what
    setting SB, graphics, etc. choose, and then restore the image
    and copy those settings to the boot files.
    /Should/ work, huh?

    > Jim Kitchen wrote an excellent DOS sound driver and I used
    > that for some very old dos games...worked a charm on a 386
    > laptop with *no* soundcard to produce voice and music thru
    > the tiny mobo speaker.

    The ones that use the speaker DO work, but I was hoping for a
    little more ;-) from the ones that have the sound stuff. Still,
    I'll look it up. I might even have it somewhere, sounds
    familiar.

    > HTH

    Yes, thank you very much.

    thanatoid, Dec 5, 2008
  6. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > I used to run the AWE64 (gold (whoooo))
    >
    > My CONFIG.SYS was:
    > DEVICEHIGH=J:\DosBoot\Sndblst\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0 /WIN95
    > /BLASTER=A:220 J:5 D:1 H:5
    >
    > DEVICEHIGH=J:\DosBoot\Sndblst\CTMMSYS.SYS
    >
    > Nothing in the AUTOCONFIG.BAT to do with the sound card.

    Interesting. Will try it.

    >>autoexec.bat:
    >>
    >>@echo off
    >>prompt $p$g
    >>SET COMPSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM
    >>PATH=c:\sys;c:sys\QM

    > Run SET in a command windows and see what your paths are if
    > C:\sys isn't there, remove it. - don't run PATH as that
    > will just erase your path (until the next reboot.)

    OK.

    > REM >SET SOUND=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND
    > REM >SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
    > REM >SET BLASTER=A220 I10 D3 H5 P300 E620 T6
    >>rem C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD000 /M:6
    >>C:\SYS\ALIAS\ALIAS.COM /F c:\sys\alias\myalias.txt

    > Try the alias command line in a command window and see if
    > it works, tweak it until it does.

    Sigh.

    >>LH doskey.com
    >>LH mouse.com
    >>cls

    > Remove the CLS if any error were to be produced this would
    > erase it.

    VERY good point. I just like things clean but /VERY/ good point.

    >>The paths are OK. The weird (?) stuff in the boot files was
    >>done because of what I read in one place or another
    >>/should/ be done.
    >>
    >>I'm trying a variety of DOS menu programs although XTree is
    >>always a great file manager, so that's why the QM entry (I
    >>don't know if PATH=C:\sys includes all the subdirectories
    >>so I added

    > Path=C:\sys is only that directory,
    > C:\sys\stuff\savetheworld.com would not work.

    I am SO happy to know that for sure, finally! Thanks!
    (And for the other ideas, of course.)
    t.

    thanatoid, Dec 5, 2008
  7. thanatoid wrote:
    > §ñühwØ£f <> wrote in
    >
    > <SNIP>
    >
    >>> Have you confirmed the paths are correct for your drivers
    >>> and your "alias" program?

    >> Yip...thats what looks weird to me:
    >> PATH=c:\sys;c:sys\QM

    > I have all useful DOS commands in c:\sys, as well as a few utils
    > like ALIAS in their own subdirs of sys. Of course, Win95 has a
    > command dir as well.

    Ok...I'm groking it *now*.
    I actually usually point to DOS since I name my directories with strange
    names ;)

    > I explained about the QM, that's probably just temporary. One
    > thing I was worried about is the two (albeit identical)
    > command.coms but since no one has mentioned that, and the
    > machine "runs", I guess it's OK.
    >
    >> Ive always used PATH=C:\COMMAND;C: then whatever additional
    >> drivers you need to load so it might look like this:
    >> PATH=C:\COMMAND;C:SYS\QM

    > Well, I don't have a command dir, I have a sys dir but otherwise
    > there is no difference. Of course, I /could/ rename sys to
    > command and modify the files, but if THAT made it work, I would
    > /have to/ just shoot myself. You DO understand that?

    I dun have a "command" dir either methinks but IIRC my path statement
    (taken from a DOS 6.X manual) suggested something like that.

    >> And maybe QM has some switches that need to be tacked on as
    >> well?
    >> :)

    > QM works, and it's got a calculator, up to 50 pages of GUI
    > menus, an address book and phone dialer, etc., etc. - just way
    > too much stuff although impressive - I'm sure it was fantastic
    > in its day, but I don't need any of that so I'll probably end up
    > using something smaller anyway... 30 tiny batch files if nothing
    > else... It was just the first DOS menu I tried.

    Oh great...now I want QM to play with.
    Try GEM sometime if you like old school GUI's.

    >> One other thingy...the no ems in yer config sys.
    >> Would that limit memory for the driver yer trying to load?

    > I have tried and tried to understand that damn expanded and
    > extended memory and I have tried a config.sys with a menu for
    > win, noems and "yes ems" and I guess I am just too old and
    > stupid to really mess with stuff like that - although it did
    > seem to work AFA ems and even gave me nice (yet fairly
    > incomprehensible) confirmation messages, but /no sound/.

    Ive had things work after changing the himem variable when nothing else
    would fix it.
    <shrugs>

    > At SOME point SOME sound HAS to come out of the speakers under
    > DOS and then I can determine whether noems or ems is better and
    > for what stuff or whether it even makes any difference. Like I
    > said, I can NOT understand it with what's left of my brain.

    Process of elimination and a love of "MSedit" :)

    > It /did/ just occur to me I could make an image of C: and then
    > wipe it and install the basic stuff from scratch (I do NOT have
    > the patience for tweaking a fresh install) just to see what
    > setting SB, graphics, etc. choose, and then restore the image
    > and copy those settings to the boot files.
    > /Should/ work, huh?

    I hack autoexec & config with edit until things work...sometimes takes a
    few days...

    >> Jim Kitchen wrote an excellent DOS sound driver and I used
    >> that for some very old dos games...worked a charm on a 386
    >> laptop with *no* soundcard to produce voice and music thru
    >> the tiny mobo speaker.

    > The ones that use the speaker DO work, but I was hoping for a
    > little more ;-) from the ones that have the sound stuff. Still,
    > I'll look it up. I might even have it somewhere, sounds
    > familiar.
    >
    >> HTH

    > Yes, thank you very much.

    No problemo.
    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 5, 2008
  8. thanatoid

    chuckcar Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > Hi gang,
    >
    > It's been a REALLY long time since I've had to do any installs -
    > Acronis True Image has spoiled me. I use some DOS programs but
    > just file managers etc.
    >
    > So this is probably going to be fairly pathetic to most of you.
    >
    > I'm trying to set up my old 166MHz P1 for a DOS/95 game box. The
    > machine works fine.
    >
    > I have looked at various websites, read seemingly relevant parts
    > of MS-DOS books and program help files, and I have made some
    > progress but I don't think I'm going to make any more.
    >
    > The machine has 96MB of RAM, a SB AWE64 card, a Matrox graphics
    > card, an MS mouse serial mouse. (I finally managed to get the
    > mouse to work in DOS. Sigh.)
    >
    > I put command.com in the root dir as well as having it in the 95
    > windows\command. I'd like to just have one, but whatever I do,
    > nothing works the way it should.
    >
    > Everything works fine in 95B but I want to work in DOS mostly. I
    > have a 2GHz 98SELite machine for "current" things.
    >
    > Problems:
    >
    > 1.
    > There is great utility called ALIAS and I just can NOT get it to
    > run from autoexec.bat. I can run it from its own little batch
    > file but I'd rather not. It's been driving me NUTS for years - I
    > used to run it just fine from autoexec.bat 15 years ago. WHAT
    > happened, I don't know. And now I REALLY need it. Also, it has
    > its own "doskey".
    >
    > 2.
    > There is no sound in DOS. I remember getting the message "cannot
    > initialize device" when I tried to run AWEUTIL, I believe.
    >
    > 3.
    > Possibly lots of others but this is as far as I've gotten. Any
    > looking-ahead advice will be appreciated.
    >
    > My boot files are as follows:
    >
    > config.sys:
    >
    > device=c:\sys\himem.sys
    > dos=high,umb
    > device=c:\sys\emm386.exe noems

    You want to have "ram noems" after emm386.exe there I would think.

    > lastdrive=G
    > DEVICEHIGH=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0
    > /WIN95 /BLASTER=A:220 I:10 D:3 H:5

    Huh? I thought you were trying dos only. I'd rem that line out until you
    get the dos working. Alternatively, you could rename autoexec.bat and
    config.sys and run 95 and from device manager see what the sound card
    settings *actually* are. They are listed there.

    > DEVICEHIGH=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTMMSYS.SYS

    Now when *that* runs, you should get some output. Whatever it is is
    important.

    > autoexec.bat:
    >
    > @echo off

    rem this line above out

    > prompt $p$g
    > SET COMPSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM
    > PATH=c:\sys;c:sys\QM

    No c:\dos directory? no c:\windows\command directory?

    > SET SOUND=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND
    > SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
    > SET BLASTER=A220 I10 D3 H5 P300 E620 T6
    > rem C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD000 /M:6

    Yes, and you'll have to run that line *if* you're running if pure dos.

    > C:\SYS\ALIAS\ALIAS.COM /F c:\sys\alias\myalias.txt
    > LH doskey.com
    > LH mouse.com
    > cls

    rem out or remove that last line. You *need* to see the output.

    > The paths are OK. The weird (?) stuff in the boot files was done
    > because of what I read in one place or another /should/ be done.
    >
    > I'm trying a variety of DOS menu programs although XTree is
    > always a great file manager, so that's why the QM entry (I don't
    > know if PATH=C:\sys includes all the subdirectories so I added
    > QM just in case). I will try more menus, but I'd like the thing
    > to work first.

    My guess is that you're not running the emulator for the awe64 so that
    it's compatible with older sound blasters. Is this a PCI or a ISA card? If
    it's ISA, it might be that you have the jumpers set wrong for the settings
    you give.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 6, 2008
  9. thanatoid

    Guest

    §ñühwØ£f <> wrote:

    >One other thingy...the no ems in yer config sys.
    >Would that limit memory for the driver yer trying to load?

    DEVICE=G:\DOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS FRAME=E000 I=CE00-EFFF

    Worked best for me, It's a config line I kept from the day it allowed
    SOD (Spear Of Destiny) to work, up until the end.
    --

    Untitled
    http://pics.livejournal.com/tongodeon/pic/0004xhys/
  10. thanatoid

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > §ñühwØ£f <> wrote:
    >
    >>One other thingy...the no ems in yer config sys.
    >>Would that limit memory for the driver yer trying to load?

    > DEVICE=G:\DOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS FRAME=E000 I=CE00-EFFF
    >
    > Worked best for me, It's a config line I kept from the day it allowed
    > SOD (Spear Of Destiny) to work, up until the end.

    That completely depends on the BIOS you have and the cards plugged into
    the computer. However, a mem command (can't recall which option, but there
    are only three) will show you what *is* available. I never provide those
    parameters. It was only useful before dos 5 to do it and dos 5 and later
    told you what *was* free and gave you the option of providing the resident
    space used in the loadhigh and devicehigh commands/drivers. Something the
    mem command also provides.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 6, 2008
  11. thanatoid

    chuckcar Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > Hi gang,
    >
    > It's been a REALLY long time since I've had to do any installs -
    > Acronis True Image has spoiled me. I use some DOS programs but
    > just file managers etc.
    >
    > So this is probably going to be fairly pathetic to most of you.
    >
    > I'm trying to set up my old 166MHz P1 for a DOS/95 game box. The
    > machine works fine.
    >
    > I have looked at various websites, read seemingly relevant parts
    > of MS-DOS books and program help files, and I have made some
    > progress but I don't think I'm going to make any more.

    Another thought springs to mind: try remarking out the later lines in your
    autoexec.bat file so that the output doesn't scroll off the screen. Later
    when you get the first ones working, you can add them back in again.
    Leaving the win95 line remarked out always. Then just alt-control-delete
    after you do your editing. Repeat as necessary. The command is edit just
    in case you forgot.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 6, 2008
  12. thanatoid

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 01:20:57 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >> @echo off

    >rem this line above out

    Uhh do you have any clue what that line does, idiot?
    Evan Platt, Dec 6, 2008