    Removal suggestions please ?

    --
    =========

    frankg, Oct 9, 2005

  2. frankg

    docmill Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in
    news:lOZ1f.7061$:

    > Windows XP
    >
    > Downloaded the removal tool from symantec and run it in safe mode without
    > success.
    > Also spybot and adaware.
    > It appears to reside in the system32 dll file and cant be removed/deleted
    > Removal suggestions please ?

    Read thru this.

    http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/15697.html

    Somewhere in there is help.

    --
    **************SEND ME A LINK******************
    Docmill's "Home Of Hotlinks In the FryingSpam"

    docmill, Oct 9, 2005

  3. frankg

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    pcbutts1, Oct 9, 2005
  4. frankg

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Go here: http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm

    pcbutts1, Oct 9, 2005
  5. frankg

    Liam Nagle Guest

    Try running the system file checker, start/run and type "sfc /scannow"
    (without the quotes) you will need the Windows XP cd in the drive for this
    to work.

    Liam Nagle, Oct 9, 2005
  6. frankg

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Frank - Follow the procedures outlined at the following pages:

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...janVundoB-Search42com-MSevents-tx18610-0.html

    If that procedure doesn't help then try the one here (there are a number of
    quite devious variants of the malware currently):

    http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=447&hl=killvundo

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

    Jim Byrd, Oct 10, 2005
  7. frankg

    frankg Guest

    Thank you!
    This is the thing that seems to have worked
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...-Search42com-MSevents-tx18610-0.html#symptoms

    frankg, Oct 12, 2005
  8. frankg

    Jim Byrd Guest

    YW, Frank - Glad you got it cleaned up. You might want to take a look at my
    Blog, Defending Your Machine, addy in my Signature below, for some steps to
    take to help protect your system in the future. See particularly the
    measures in the last section.

    Jim Byrd, Oct 12, 2005
  9. frankg

    ellis_jay Guest

    frankg wrote:
    > Windows XP
    >
    > Downloaded the removal tool from symantec and run it in safe mode
    > without success.
    > Also spybot and adaware.
    > It appears to reside in the system32 dll file and cant be
    > removed/deleted Removal suggestions please ?

    read these threads before fixing:

    Read ALL these links before you do anything.

    winfixer 2005

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...st/pest.aspx?id=453094807 winfixer 2005&hl=en

    http://castlecops.com/postp629045.html

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...i_hijack&message.id=14170 winfixer 2005&hl=en

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...did=1689724&enterthread=y winfixer 2005&hl=en

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...pic=38870&view=getnewpost winfixer 2005&hl=en

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...urora-parasite_19722.html winfixer 2005&hl=en

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ion/index.php/t56294.html winfixer 2005&hl=en

    Should be a piece of cake if ya can read and click.

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, Oct 14, 2005