    When attempting to connect to the network it prompts for the WEP key.
    I enter the WEP pass code into the router setup and it generates the
    key. I want to be able to enter the pass-code instead.

    kharnal, Jan 11, 2007

  2. kharnal

    Malke Guest

    kharnal wrote:

    > Running 802.11B
    >
    > When attempting to connect to the network it prompts for the WEP key.
    > I enter the WEP pass code into the router setup and it generates the
    > key. I want to be able to enter the pass-code instead.

    That's not the way your router works. The passphrase is only used to
    generate the key. You need to write down the key and enter that into your
    computer's wireless manager. If you want to be able to enter a passphrase,
    you need to replace your older router with one that can do more advanced
    encryption like WPA. The wireless adapter in your computer must support
    WPA, however. If it is old, it won't and you'll need to stick with WEP.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com