    I get this as soon as I access outlook express please help

    inactivity. Account: 'BTopenworld Mail', Server: 'pop3.btconnect.com',
    Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

    TONY ROBERTS, Mar 9, 2005

  2. TONY ROBERTS

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:28:45 +0000 (UTC), "TONY ROBERTS"
    <> wrote:

    >I get this as soon as I access outlook express please help
    >
    >Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
    >this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
    >inactivity. Account: 'BTopenworld Mail', Server: 'pop3.btconnect.com',
    >Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

    If it's been working OK before and all your other Internet apps are
    working, I would suggest it is a server problem at BTs end.

    cluedweasel, Mar 9, 2005

  3. TONY ROBERTS

    Thoronwen Guest

    In article <d0ntas$3c5$>,
    says...
    > I get this as soon as I access outlook express please help
    >
    > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
    > this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
    > inactivity. Account: 'BTopenworld Mail', Server: 'pop3.btconnect.com',
    > Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

    This is quite often solved by correcting the mail server name or turning
    off your antivirus program's scanning of incoming mail. Sometimes a
    firewall is blocking Outlook Express, or blocking the antivirus program.

    For an in-depth explanation, see the following Symantec page:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001060516275506.

    Thoronwen, Mar 10, 2005
  4. TONY ROBERTS

    george oram Guest