    be members of. I can't get to shared files....I get a error message saying
    the admin had not issued permissions to access these resources. I'm the admin
    on both machines...I worked in the last house. Help???
    =?Utf-8?B?bWFya3U=?=, Apr 22, 2005

  2. Are you using XP home/pro? have non-blank passwords? Does net view
    \\machinename or \\ipaddress work?

    --
    Standard Disclaimers -
    and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Apr 22, 2005

  3. xp...no doesn;t seem to work.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFya3U=?=, Apr 23, 2005
  4. Hi,
    I am having similarproblems with a WiFi network. Main system is XP Pro SP2
    connected to ADSL router / cable internet link, with WEP enabled. Other
    systems are XP home. Same work group on all machines. Machines visible at
    each other. Passwords not set on any system (yet) - does that make a
    difference?

    Main machine can access shared folders on others; others cannot log in to
    the main system. "Net view" on main of another shows access to
    'SharedDocs'with paramters Disk and (UNC). "Net view" on main of itself has
    shared folders marked Disk but not (UNC) - why is the (UNC) qualifier
    present? "Net view" for the main machine from one of the others gives
    messages "System error 5 has occurred." and "Access is denied". Lookup of
    this message is of no help (I would have liked to know WHAT access to WHAT is
    denied, WHY and HOW to correct it).

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iR29tZXJzYWxs?=, Apr 25, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWFya3U=?=

    Quaoar Guest

    start here: http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNetwork.htm

    Quaoar, Apr 28, 2005