  1. Using 64-bit Pro, AMD X2 4200, XFX7800GT video card, Abit AN8Ultra MB. The
    green light is on on the back of the computer, and the orange light flickers
    on and off. Windows doesn't acknoledge a connection exsists. Any suggestions?
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Install a 64-bit driver for the NIC.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 5, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Might have to download a new ethernet driver -- maybe it's on your
    motherboard's drivers cd or on website for same.

    -Rob
    Rob Wilkens, Dec 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=

    Michael Guest

    Do you have a cable or DSL router set to filter for MAC addresses or
    restricted access to the Internet.

    Michael, Dec 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Ah, or for that matter -- do you have a cable modem.

    Most cable modems I work with (admittedly only 3-4 of them, including a
    terayon, a motorola, and another one I forget the brand on [wasn't mine])--
    when switching MAC addresses, required you to unplug them for thirty seconds
    or more before it will accept a new mac address.

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 5, 2005
  6. > when switching MAC addresses, required you to unplug them for thirty
    seconds
    > or more before it will accept a new mac address.

    With mine, I must disconnect it and reconnect it (AC plug)
    whenever I plug the network cable in.... (That don't
    happens often I must say).
    Mike Gleason Jr Couturier, Dec 6, 2005