can't get http protocol to work thru cisco 2621xm firewall

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jog Dial, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Jog Dial

    Jog Dial Guest

    Hi,

    I have a new cisco 2621xm that I am just learning my way around. I'm
    using SDM to try and configure the firewall. I've pretty much got it
    all sussed, accept it won't let http protocol through. FTP, ping,
    name lookups, are all working fine, but http just gets stuck. I've
    turned logging on for all the rules and can't see it being stopped.
    I've added tcp inspection as an application and also http as an
    application, togeather and on their own and still no go. I've
    googled, and checked cicso web site and can't find any mention of this
    as being a problem, so I must be doing something wrong... but, I can
    configure FTP and it works and when I delete the FTP app, it stops
    working as expected, but doing the same thing for http doesn't work.
    I am on IOS 12.3(8)T. As I'm currently not concerned about java
    applet inspection, I would assume that just configuring tcp inspection
    rule would be enough, but I've been stuck on this for 3 days now and
    so I have to ask if anyone has any ideas on what I could be doing
    wrong. If there's any additional info I should post, please let me
    know.. I am currently just going with all the defaults on the firewall
    pretty much.

    Thanks

    JogDial
    Jog Dial, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Can you post your config (without passwords or IPs) to the news group
    so we can have a look at your rules?

    -Russ
    CCIE #9473 (Security/R&S), CISSP

    Russell Lusignan, Aug 26, 2004