    view keeps reverting back to icons from detail.

    Thanks to anyone who can tell me the magic tweak.

    burris
    burris, Nov 20, 2003

  2. burris

    °Mike° Guest

    Instead of saying that you've "tried every tweak in the book",
    you should state exactly what you *have* tried, so that
    responders know what to rule out.

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:02:01 -0500, in
    <WW9vb.857$>
    burris scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 20, 2003

  3. burris

    Jerry Guest

    http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=2d994e4343765be04890cdf18e49b595&threadid=39309

    Like mentioned above, we don't know what ones you've tried so here is one.
    try that and see if it works.

    Butcherboys

    Jerry, Nov 21, 2003
  4. burris

    M Mullen Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:02:01 -0500, burris <> wrote:

    |> XPPro HP666Mhz/128Mb/ram 20Gb HDD.
    |>
    |> I have tried every tweak in the book..Kelly..Doug Knox, etc., but file
    |> view keeps reverting back to icons from detail.
    |>
    |> Thanks to anyone who can tell me the magic tweak.

    No tweak, backdoor.

    set explorer up the way you want it (ie: details) hold your ALT key down and
    press T then O, click view, click like current window - Apply

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    M Mullen, Nov 21, 2003
  5. burris

    Mark Guest

    Open Windows Explorer from the menu at the top select View \ select Details .... then go to Tools \ Folder Options
    click on the View Tab .....click "Apply to All Folders" Button.

    Regards MC

    Mark, Dec 7, 2003
  6. burris

    Boomer Guest

    Mark, <m> wrote:

    > Open Windows Explorer from the menu at the top select View \
    > select Details .... then go to Tools \ Folder Options click on
    > the View Tab .....click "Apply to All Folders" Button.
    >
    > Regards MC

    Why are you telling Mike this?

    Boomer, Dec 7, 2003
  7. burris

    °Mike° Guest

    On 07 Dec 2003 14:29:56 GMT, in
    <3fd33952$0$31357$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >Mark, <m> wrote:
    >
    >> Open Windows Explorer from the menu at the top select View \
    >> select Details .... then go to Tools \ Folder Options click on
    >> the View Tab .....click "Apply to All Folders" Button.
    >>
    >> Regards MC

    >Why are you telling Mike this?

    Not to mention nearly three weeks after the original post!

    °Mike°, Dec 7, 2003