    I know very little of the inner workings of the computer but if given
    specific instructions I can usually correct my problems.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Jack Nelson, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Jack Nelson

    Gregg Fowler Guest

    Jack Nelson wrote:
    > When I try to enter certain websites, I get the following message:
    >
    > "The page cannot be displayed
    > The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might
    > be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
    > browser settings."
    >
    > This is a fairly recent event. I believe I am set up properly and others
    > whom I have contacted say they can enter the websites that are giving
    > me difficulty. I have tried the suggestions mentioned on the rejection
    > message I receive and I am set up for "128-bit connection security."
    > I am using Windows 98 on my computer which includes MS Explorer.
    > I may have changed some settings that I am not aware of.
    >
    > I know very little of the inner workings of the computer but if given
    > specific instructions I can usually correct my problems.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.

    What are some examples? Give the URL so that someone else and try and
    access the site.

    Gregg Fowler, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Jack Nelson wrote:
    > When I try to enter certain websites, I get the following message:
    >
    > "The page cannot be displayed
    > The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might
    > be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
    > browser settings."
    >
    > This is a fairly recent event. I believe I am set up properly and others
    > whom I have contacted say they can enter the websites that are giving
    > me difficulty. I have tried the suggestions mentioned on the rejection
    > message I receive and I am set up for "128-bit connection security."
    > I am using Windows 98 on my computer which includes MS Explorer.
    > I may have changed some settings that I am not aware of.
    >
    > I know very little of the inner workings of the computer but if given
    > specific instructions I can usually correct my problems.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.

    I'd bet you need to follow the advice here:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 9, 2004
  4. Jack Nelson

    Jack Nelson Guest

    Here are two examples of sites that I cannot enter.
    http://www.bonsai-pba.org
    http://www.woodscience.vt.edu/

    Jack

    Jack Nelson, Oct 9, 2004
  5. Jack Nelson wrote:

    > Here are two examples of sites that I cannot enter.
    > http://www.bonsai-pba.org
    > http://www.woodscience.vt.edu/

    Accessed the latter; couldn't access the former.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Double Blue - Wolverines and Dodgers

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 9, 2004
  6. Jack Nelson

    The Tech Guy Guest

    their both down

    whois www.bonsai-pba.org
    NOT FOUND

    but a whois bonsai-pba.org works
    Domain ID:D54051982-LROR
    Domain Name:BONSAI-PBA.ORG
    Created On:24-Jan-2001 23:36:47 UTC
    Last Updated On:22-Sep-2003 15:21:23 UTC
    Expiration Date:24-Jan-2011 23:36:47 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
    Status:OK

    ping bonsai-pba.org
    ping: unknown host bonsai-pba.org

    ping www.bonsai-pba.org
    ping: unknown host www.bonsai-pba.org

    www.woodscience.vt.edu

    ping www.woodscience.vt.edu
    PING cnrweb.fw.vt.edu (128.173.78.52)

    no time to figure out how to do a whois on this one, but its down too

    not sure why their down..
    --
    Jason

    For all your Spyware, Adware, Virus Removal & File Sharing tools
    http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

    The Tech Guy, Oct 10, 2004
  7. Jack Nelson

    Yddap Guest

    In news:xpZ9d.518162$,
    Jack Nelson <> opined:
    > Here are two examples of sites that I cannot enter.
    > http://www.bonsai-pba.org
    > http://www.woodscience.vt.edu/
    >
    > Jack
    >
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> Jack Nelson wrote:
    >>> When I try to enter certain websites, I get the following message:
    >>>
    >>> "The page cannot be displayed
    >>> The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    >>> might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
    >>> adjust your browser settings."
    >>>
    >>> This is a fairly recent event. I believe I am set up properly and
    >>> others whom I have contacted say they can enter the websites that
    >>> are giving
    >>> me difficulty. I have tried the suggestions mentioned on the
    >>> rejection message I receive and I am set up for "128-bit connection
    >>> security."
    >>> I am using Windows 98 on my computer which includes MS Explorer.
    >>> I may have changed some settings that I am not aware of.
    >>>
    >>> I know very little of the inner workings of the computer but if
    >>> given specific instructions I can usually correct my problems.
    >>>
    >>> Any help will be appreciated.

    >> I'd bet you need to follow the advice here:
    >> http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

    "bonzai " does not exsist in DNS
    "woodscience " is U/S at theis time
    all; from Angleterre
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Oct 10, 2004
  8. Jack Nelson

    Jack Nelson Guest

    It could well be that "woodscience" is closed down for the weekend.
    I have run into this before but have forgotten until now. It's called
    "oldtimers."

    However, "bonsai" (NOT BONZAI) should be up and running. Could
    it be they have taken it off the internet for repairs, etc.? Would that
    be one reason it is not showing as not existing?

    The more I type, the more you find out I know little about the internet.

    Jack Nelson, Oct 10, 2004
  9. Jack Nelson

    odyth

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    here is what worked for me

    what worked for me is disabling client dns cacheing. you can test if this will work by opening command prompt, start > run > cmd.

    type

    net stop DNScache

    (to start it again, net start DNScache)

    then try and ping the site you having issues with. if it works you need to just disabled cilent side dns cacheing. to do this go start > run > services.msc

    in the service window that opens go down to DNS client and double click. change it from automatic to disabled and restart.

    odyth, Mar 2, 2009