    I've sent around 10 posts through Outlook Express and all of them are
    evaporating into thin air. This happens every now and then.

    Any explanations?

    iL_weReo, Nov 18, 2008

  2. iL_weReo

    iL_weReo Guest

    On Nov 18, 4:05 pm, "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote:
    > iL_weReo added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    >
    > > I've sent around 10 posts through Outlook Express and all of
    > > them are evaporating into thin air. This happens every now and
    > > then.

    > > Any explanations?

    > Well, OE6 at least has a known bug where the posts actually are
    > stored on the respective NG on your NSP's servers but OE simply
    > doesn't see them. Another possible explantion is that maybe your
    > NSP is having trouble and posts are delayed. Easynews has a REAL
    > problem with that and is one reason why I cancelled.
    >
    > Do you at least believe that anyone can get posts on the NGs you
    > frequent? If headers look up-to-date it probably isn't the NSP.
    >
    > Beyond that, or someone who's more savvy than me coming along,
    > consider a dedicated and free news reader like Xnews and see if it
    > can see the OE posts.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > --
    > HP, aka Jerry
    >
    > "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained
    > by stupidity!" - Hanlon's Razor

    Thank you. They "seem" to be coming thru again, suddenly and maybe.
    After a day of this torture.

    iL_weReo, Nov 18, 2008

  3. iL_weReo

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:52:00 -0800, iL_weReo wrote:

    > I've sent around 10 posts through Outlook Express and all of them are
    > evaporating into thin air. This happens every now and then.
    >
    > Any explanations?

    Yeah. Outhouse Excuse (and Windoze) sucks dick on horseback.

    Dan C, Nov 18, 2008
  4. iL_weReo

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:21:45 -0600, HEMI-Powered wrote:

    >>> Any explanations?

    >> Yeah. Outhouse Excuse (and Windoze) sucks dick on horseback.

    > Well said albeit very cynical. So, I don't use OE for Usenet. But, until
    > somebody comes up with a better O/S than XP, I'm stuck.

    It's your lucky day:

    http://www.slackware.com

    Dan C, Nov 18, 2008
  5. iL_weReo

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >Well said albeit very cynical. So, I don't use OE for Usenet. But,
    >until somebody comes up with a better O/S than XP, I'm stuck.

    Linux. :-D

    Evan Platt, Nov 18, 2008
  6. iL_weReo

    chuckcar Guest

    "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote in

    > Dan C added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    >
    >>> I've sent around 10 posts through Outlook Express and all of
    >>> them are evaporating into thin air. This happens every now
    >>> and then.
    >>>
    >>> Any explanations?

    >> Yeah. Outhouse Excuse (and Windoze) sucks dick on horseback.
    >>

    > Well said albeit very cynical. So, I don't use OE for Usenet. But,
    > until somebody comes up with a worse O/S than XP, I'm stuck.

    There, fixed your post. Alternatively the words Vista or Millenium could
    have been used in that sentence for full marks.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 18, 2008
  7. iL_weReo

    Tony Guest

    /| /| | | |
    ||__|| | | Piss off,
    / O O\ Wankstain
    / \ |
    / \ \|____________________|
    / _ \ \ ||
    / |\____\ \ ||
    / | | | |\____/ ||
    / \|_|_|/ | _||
    / / \ |____| ||
    / | | | --|
    | | | |____ --|
    * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
    *-- _--\ _ \ | ||
    / _ \\ | / `
    * / \_ /- | | |
    * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Nov 19, 2008
  8. iL_weReo

    Jordon Guest

    iL_weReo wrote:
    > I've sent around 10 posts through Outlook Express and all of them are
    > evaporating into thin air. This happens every now and then.
    >
    > Any explanations?

    You're in your own bozo bin?

    --
    Jordon