    and camera to communicate would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    - Dennis

    dmcg, Apr 10, 2006

  2. "dmcg" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I recently picked up a 4.0 GB Sandisk Microdrive for my hardly used
    > CP5K,
    > but am unable to format it. I thought the camera was MicroDrive
    > compatible,
    > so I'm not sure where the porblem lies Any suggestions for getting the
    > card
    > and camera to communicate would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > - Dennis

    I suspect the camera is limited to FAT16 which would limit it to 3GB, if I'm
    not mistaken.

    Astigmatic Owl, Apr 10, 2006

  3. dmcg

    RW+/- Guest

    On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:15:34 -0700, Astigmatic Owl wrote:

    > "dmcg" <> wrote in message
    >>I recently picked up a 4.0 GB Sandisk Microdrive for my hardly used
    >> CP5K,
    >> but am unable to format it. I thought the camera was MicroDrive
    >> compatible,
    >> so I'm not sure where the porblem lies Any suggestions for getting the
    >> card
    >> and camera to communicate would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> - Dennis

    > I suspect the camera is limited to FAT16 which would limit it to 3GB, if I'm
    > not mistaken.

    Interesting... I believe it is actually 2GB and since the camera probably
    cannot format other than root drives the only option would be to format it
    on a computer and format extended drives on that and see if the camera
    would pick it up. Somehow I doubt it, and I know nothing of Nikon Digital
    cams.

    The OP should check out Nikon FAQS, or RTFM. :)

    RW+/-, Apr 10, 2006