    My DVD burner is the NEC-2500A and my pc has XP Pro.

    Thanks.

    -MH

    MHuynh, Jul 21, 2004

  2. MHuynh

    Impmon Guest

    On 21 Jul 2004 06:59:50 -0700, (MHuynh) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm making data disks with Nero 6 OEM edition. It seems like I can
    >only fit 4.5gb of data on the disk, what's happening with the other
    >200mb's? Is this normal? Is there any setting I can adjust so I can
    >fit more on one DVD-R disk?

    Like hard drive, DVD blanks are measured using 1 GB = 1000 MB and 1 MB
    = 1000 KB.

    4.5 GB is the correct amount that's useable unless you try to
    overburn.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Impmon, Jul 21, 2004

  3. MHuynh

    Biz Guest

    "MHuynh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm making data disks with Nero 6 OEM edition. It seems like I can
    > only fit 4.5gb of data on the disk, what's happening with the other
    > 200mb's? Is this normal? Is there any setting I can adjust so I can
    > fit more on one DVD-R disk?
    >
    > My DVD burner is the NEC-2500A and my pc has XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -MH

    You can actually only fit 4.38GB on a disks. 4.7GB capacity is based on the
    simpler 1000 instead of the actual 1024 number, just like hd manufacturers
    now use....

    Biz, Jul 21, 2004