    Messages:
    1
    I have a Velocity Promagix E2055. I am trying to connect to a wireless router, but it's telling me there are no wireless networks in range. I know of at least 5 in addition to the one I'm trying to connect to. The network is working - I'm connected to it on my laptop right now. I have never used wireless on my desktop before, but I checked the hardware and there is a wireless card there. Can someone help? Thank you, Sheri

    poohsmommi, Jun 7, 2010

  2. poohsmommi

    rmundy

    Joined:
    May 27, 2010
    Messages:
    10
    Sheri,

    Assuming that you're using Windows - what version of Windows do you have? Also, what software are you using to "find" the wireless networks?

    Did the wireless card come pre-built with the computer or is it something that you've just added?

    If you've just added it then the chances are that it came with some kind of CD that would usually have software from the manufacturer on it. I tend to find that this is more reliable than the "generic" windows software for finding wireless networks/devices.

    rmundy, Jun 7, 2010