    Any ideas?
    Thanks

    Nick
    NOTTNICK, Sep 18, 2007

  2. NOTTNICK

    Gordon Guest

    "NOTTNICK" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This is driving me crazy.
    > I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
    > It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
    > However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
    > Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nick

    using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the Google search I
    got their home page 7th link down.....

    http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm
    Gordon, Sep 18, 2007

  3. NOTTNICK

    VanguardLH Guest

    "NOTTNICK" wrote ...
    > This is driving me crazy.
    > I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
    > It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
    > However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
    > Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.

    So the only way you can find a web site for a known vendor is to use
    Google? How about just trying the vendor's name as the web site?
    VanguardLH, Sep 18, 2007
  4. NOTTNICK

    NOTTNICK Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > "NOTTNICK" <> wrote in message
    >> This is driving me crazy.
    >> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
    >> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
    >> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
    >> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.
    >> Any ideas?
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Nick

    > using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the Google search I
    > got their home page 7th link down.....
    >
    > http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm

    Thanks for that
    I thought I'd tried about everything possible!
    Ironic that the sequence I type in 24hd turned out to be the winning
    combination!!
    :)
    NOTTNICK, Sep 18, 2007
  5. NOTTNICK

    NOTTNICK Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:
    > "NOTTNICK" wrote ...
    >> This is driving me crazy.
    >> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
    >> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
    >> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
    >> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.

    > So the only way you can find a web site for a known vendor is to use
    > Google? How about just trying the vendor's name as the web site?

    Oh shucks
    It's been a long day!
    I'm not usually so dense.
    Point taken, wrists firmly slapped.
    NOTTNICK, Sep 18, 2007
  6. NOTTNICK wrote:

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> "NOTTNICK" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...
    >>> This is driving me crazy.
    >>> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
    >>> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
    >>> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
    >>> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Nick

    >> using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the
    >> Google search I got their home page 7th link down.....
    >>
    >> http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm
    >>

    > Thanks for that
    > I thought I'd tried about everything possible!
    > Ironic that the sequence I type in 24hd turned out to be the
    > winning combination!!
    >:)

    Googling on only the keyword

    xitel

    brings up their home page (not surprisingly xitel.com) as the
    first hit. Did you actually Google *at all*?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 18, 2007
  7. VanguardLH wrote:

    > "NOTTNICK" wrote ...
    >> This is driving me crazy.
    >> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
    >> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
    >> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
    >> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.

    > So the only way you can find a web site for a known vendor is to
    > use Google? How about just trying the vendor's name as the web
    > site?

    And even using Google, searching on xitel predictably produces
    xitel.com as its first hit.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 18, 2007
  8. NOTTNICK

    NOTTNICK Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > NOTTNICK wrote:
    >
    >> Gordon wrote:
    >>> "NOTTNICK" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:...

    >>> using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the
    >>> Google search I got their home page 7th link down.....
    >>>
    >>> http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm
    >>>

    >> Thanks for that
    >> I thought I'd tried about everything possible!
    >> Ironic that the sequence I type in 24hd turned out to be the
    >> winning combination!!
    >> :)

    > Googling on only the keyword
    >
    > xitel
    >
    > brings up their home page (not surprisingly xitel.com) as the
    > first hit. Did you actually Google *at all*?

    Look - I'm stupid!!
    One track mind...just tried the pro link with Xitel
    I really did spend about 15 minutes!!
    NOTTNICK, Sep 18, 2007