    continue because it can`t find a PS2 mouse. I use a USB wireless mouse and
    keyboard. Is there a way of getting rid of this without connecting a mouse?
    TIA

    scully, Mar 18, 2009

  2. scully

    zxspectrum Guest

    On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:29:45 -0500, chuckie® wrote:

    > "scully" <> wrote in message
    >> Just reinastalled Windows XP Home and now on boot up I have to press F1
    >> to continue because it can`t find a PS2 mouse. I use a USB wireless
    >> mouse and keyboard. Is there a way of getting rid of this without
    >> connecting a

    > mouse?
    >> TIA

    > Usually this can be reset/turned off in BIOS area...HTH

    Hi,
    yes probably do you have to disable the ps/2 port mouse in the bios.

    zxspectrum, Mar 18, 2009

  3. scully

    chuckie® Guest

    chuckie®, Mar 18, 2009
  4. scully

    chuckcar Guest

    zxspectrum <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:29:45 -0500, chuckie® wrote:
    >
    >> "scully" <> wrote in message
    >>> Just reinastalled Windows XP Home and now on boot up I have to press
    >>> F1 to continue because it can`t find a PS2 mouse. I use a USB wireless
    >>> mouse and keyboard. Is there a way of getting rid of this without
    >>> connecting a

    >> mouse?
    >>> TIA

    >> Usually this can be reset/turned off in BIOS area...HTH

    > Hi,
    > yes probably do you have to disable the ps/2 port mouse in the bios.

    Wrong and reply to the OP not one of the repliers. You *enable* USB legacy
    in the BIOS so that the USB mouse will work in safe mode. PS/2 mice don't
    require anything other than an interrupt and serial port which are built
    into the motherboard. They *can* be disabled, but it doesn't matter as the
    OP *isn't* using a PS/2 mouse at *all*.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 18, 2009
  5. scully wrote:

    [just wanted to reply: "follow it's tail from the back of your
    computer" ;-)]

    > Just reinastalled Windows XP Home and now on boot up I have to press F1 to
    > continue because it can`t find a PS2 mouse. I use a USB wireless mouse and
    > keyboard. Is there a way of getting rid of this without connecting a
    > mouse? TIA

    There is no influence of the OS - it must have been the same before you
    reinstalled, unless you did use a ps2 _keyboard_ that time.
    Because ... well, the message comes from your Bios.
    Most bios versions have a setting "halt on error .... " with different
    settings (all, all but keyboard, none) to select. You want "all but
    keyboard".

    wisdomkiller & pain, Mar 18, 2009
  6. scully

    doS Guest

    not if he dont have ps2 mouse

    doS, Mar 18, 2009
  7. scully

    chuckcar Guest

    "scully" <> wrote in

    > Just reinastalled Windows XP Home and now on boot up I have to press F1
    > to continue because it can`t find a PS2 mouse. I use a USB wireless
    > mouse and keyboard. Is there a way of getting rid of this without
    > connecting a mouse? TIA

    This also means that there's a problem with either your USB ports or the
    mouse itself. However drivers are another possibility:

    1. Do you have a name brand computer such as a Dell Dimension, IBM Aptiva,
    etc?

    2. If #1 is true, did you remove *all* but the hardware the computer came
    with when you ran the restore disk.

    3. If #2 is false, then your windows install wouldn't have worked properly
    and you'll have to do it again with the computer *exactly* as it came from
    the factory.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 18, 2009
  8. scully

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:28:50 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >This also means that there's a problem with either your USB ports or the
    >mouse itself. However drivers are another possibility:

    So that would cause a BIOS error?

    That's a new one, even for you, chucktard.

    Evan Platt, Mar 18, 2009
  9. scully

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:24:36 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Wrong

    From the king of wrong. Kindly STFU.

    Evan Platt, Mar 18, 2009
  10. scully

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >"scully" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Just reinastalled Windows XP Home and now on boot up I have to press F1
    >> to continue because it can`t find a PS2 mouse. I use a USB wireless
    >> mouse and keyboard. Is there a way of getting rid of this without
    >> connecting a mouse? TIA

    >This also means that there's a problem with either your USB ports or the
    >mouse itself. However drivers are another possibility:

    >1. Do you have a name brand computer such as a Dell Dimension, IBM Aptiva,
    >etc?

    >2. If #1 is true, did you remove *all* but the hardware the computer came
    >with when you ran the restore disk.

    >3. If #2 is false, then your windows install wouldn't have worked properly
    >and you'll have to do it again with the computer *exactly* as it came from
    >the factory.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chucktard, Chuckturd, idiot, clueless, many more names this persons is
    called as time goes on. He makes no friends and alienates all he comes
    in contact with.

    He will give wrong information, stick to it to his last breath, then
    change his stance to the proper solution when it appears - taking
    credit for it as well.

    This person has no self pity and will steal others advice as his own.
    It's quite obvious when it happens.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) always has to appear right or correct
    and those long threads you see involving him is a "who can last the
    longest" or just the fact that he has to be right no matter how wrong
    he is. and I swear, last post appears important as well, an awful
    combination.

    While this is no problem and has happened before, this person will
    give advice that can cause you to lose your data, lose your computer
    (bad bios info) or just flat screw you.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) is a person who has never used a NT OS
    yet feels quite comfortable giving advice he has never used himself.

    Apparently advice was given by a very well known troll that was and
    eaiser to implement and had a back up plan if anything went wrong;
    than the ramble of bs (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) was coming up
    with, making him, in his mind lower than this troll.

    Seriously if you receive advice from (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ),
    google the information first to see if it's even in the ball park.

    This group likes the fact it's able to help others, (setq (chuck nil)
    car(chuck) ) really doesn't care about the user, just how he comes
    across (and that's always being seen as right)

    This person has started childs attempt for attention, and this macro
    is my answer. Sorry bout that.

    But (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) anytime you come up with some of
    your bogus advice, I will call you on it.

    Pennywise.

    --

    NYC Sitcom Map
    http://23.media.tumblr.com/IwM8PIQ02kudgmreiD4AhpNyo1_r1_500.png

    , Mar 19, 2009
  11. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:24:36 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Wrong

    > From the king of wrong. Kindly STFU.

    I never thought of you as the *king* of wrong...maybe the dean...or the
    "Head Minister" of Things Which May Not Be Completely Accurate...

    ^_^

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 19, 2009
  12. chuckcar wrote:
    > zxspectrum <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:29:45 -0500, chuckie® wrote:
    >>
    >>> "scully" <> wrote in message
    >>> mouse?
    >>> Usually this can be reset/turned off in BIOS area...HTH

    >> Hi,
    >> yes probably do you have to disable the ps/2 port mouse in the bios.
    >>

    > Wrong and reply to the OP not one of the repliers. You *enable* USB legacy
    > in the BIOS so that the USB mouse will work in safe mode. PS/2 mice don't
    > require anything other than an interrupt and serial port which are built
    > into the motherboard. They *can* be disabled, but it doesn't matter as the
    > OP *isn't* using a PS/2 mouse at *all*.

    No d00d...time to break out the soldiering iron.

    Prolly need a drill too...

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 19, 2009