    Any suggestions appreciated.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jan 1, 2007

  2. Kenny

    x@y Guest

    Try here: http://tinyurl.com/ymuzys

    x@y, Jan 1, 2007

  3. Kenny

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > Trying to install an Edimax USB print server to a home wireless network but
    > I get as far as this message.
    >
    > "Print Server List
    > Choose Print Server
    > If the Print Server is installed for the first time the "Print Server Name"
    > is the last 6 digits of MAC ID of the Print Server with a "PS" prefix".

    > Problem is there's nothing in the list, it can't find the print server!

    Why would it be in any list? You have to manually assign it. I got to
    tell you, when I first got my print server, it was a nightmare to
    install. The XP O/S couldn't find it.

    The first one was defective as determined by tech support, all lights
    looked to be for go, and I returned it and got the same kind again. The
    second one looked to be working, but still the XP O/S couldn't find it.
    After reading the little manual a couple times, the thing couldn't be
    found, based on the instructions in the manual.

    I had to come back home on my lunch hour and called the manufacturer's
    tech support and got things working by talking to them on the phone. You
    wouldn't think it would be that hard to install, but it was just that.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 1, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the replies, eventually got it working. Although I have XP
    firewall turned off and believed I had the correct permissions set in Zone
    Alarm this is still what the problem was, ZA was blocking it.
    Disabled ZA, uninstalled and re-installed the PS utilities, manually
    assigning an IP address there, went through Add Printer in Windows,
    restarted ZA and all's well now.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jan 1, 2007
  5. Kenny

    x@y Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the replies, eventually got it working. Although I have XP
    > firewall turned off and believed I had the correct permissions set in Zone
    > Alarm this is still what the problem was, ZA was blocking it.
    > Disabled ZA, uninstalled and re-installed the PS utilities, manually assigning
    > an IP address there, went through Add Printer in Windows, restarted ZA and
    > all's well now.

    Thanks for Posting back the Solution.
    My Spy Sweeper was preventing me to download
    Marine Aquarium Screen Saver, after a few emails
    to the Product Support the problem was cleared.

    x@y

    x@y, Jan 1, 2007