    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    CB

    Cloud Burst, Dec 24, 2007

  2. Cloud Burst

    Mike Easter Guest

    Cloud Burst wrote:
    > Hi. On xp Pro I copied up my personal Documents and Folders
    > directories from my work PC to a memory stick but I can't find

    where
    > my (Outlook) address book is on this backup.
    >
    > I don't have access to the original computer anymore, just the

    memory
    > stick. My computer at home is running Outlook Express and I'd

    like to
    > import all the addresses there.

    Your OL (personal) addressbook is named outlook.pab and/or mailbox
    ..pab and is located in the application data folder for MS OL.

    If you were using contacts and didn't export that, I don't know if
    you have a remedy.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 24, 2007

  3. Cloud Burst

    Gordon Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Cloud Burst wrote:
    >> Hi. On xp Pro I copied up my personal Documents and Folders
    >> directories from my work PC to a memory stick but I can't find

    > where
    >> my (Outlook) address book is on this backup.
    >>
    >> I don't have access to the original computer anymore, just the

    > memory
    >> stick. My computer at home is running Outlook Express and I'd

    > like to
    >> import all the addresses there.

    > Your OL (personal) addressbook is named outlook.pab

    Outlook hasn't used a pab since outlook 2000........

    Gordon, Dec 24, 2007
  4. Cloud Burst

    Gordon Guest

    "Cloud Burst" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. On xp Pro I copied up my personal Documents and Folders directories
    > from my work PC to a memory stick but I can't find where my (Outlook)
    > address book is on this backup.
    >
    > I don't have access to the original computer anymore, just the memory
    > stick. My computer at home is running Outlook Express and I'd like to
    > import all the addresses there.

    What version of outlook?

    Gordon, Dec 24, 2007
  5. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:47:25 -0000, "Gordon" <> wrote:

    >"Cloud Burst" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi. On xp Pro I copied up my personal Documents and Folders directories
    >> from my work PC to a memory stick but I can't find where my (Outlook)
    >> address book is on this backup.
    >>
    >> I don't have access to the original computer anymore, just the memory
    >> stick. My computer at home is running Outlook Express and I'd like to
    >> import all the addresses there.
    >>

    >What version of outlook?

    Great question. Maybe 2003.

    Cloud Burst, Dec 25, 2007
  6. Cloud Burst

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Gordon" wrote in message news:fkp9cg$fvb$...

    > "Mike Easter" wrote ...
    >>
    >> Cloud Burst wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi. On xp Pro I copied up my personal Documents and Folders
    >>> directories from my work PC to a memory stick but I can't find
    >>> where my (Outlook) address book is on this backup.
    >>>
    >>> I don't have access to the original computer anymore, just the
    >>> memory >>> stick. My computer at home is running Outlook Express
    >>> and I'd like to import all the addresses there.

    >> Your OL (personal) addressbook is named outlook.pab

    > Outlook hasn't used a pab since outlook 2000........

    Not according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829919/en-us. You
    can add an PAB but it is an external file. This is NOT the
    contact-type folders defined in your local message store (i.e., .pst
    file) and where you enable the property in the contact-type folder to
    include it under the "Outlook Address Book". The "Outlook Address
    Book" is not an address book but rather a compendium of all
    contact-type folders (that have the option enabled to include them)
    along with any PABs.

    Personal Address Books are still an option under Outlook 2002 which is
    what I use. I've never bothered adding one since all my contacts are
    records in contact-type folders within my local message store (.pst
    file). Whether each contact-type folder appears under the "Outlook
    Address Book" catch-all class depends on whether I enabled their
    property option to include them. It is likely that the OP never added
    an external .pab to Outlook, so his contact-type folders would be in
    pseudo "address book" within the .pst file that he saved.

    The OP will need to reinstall Outlook or use a host where it is
    installed to open the saved .pst file and then export the records from
    his contact-type folders to a comma-delimited text file. Then he can
    open the WAB (Windows Address Book) used by OE to import the records
    from that file.

    VanguardLH, Dec 26, 2007
  7. Cloud Burst

    Guest

    On Dec 24 2007, 12:36 pm, Cloud Burst <>
    wrote:
    > Hi. On xp Pro I copied up my personal Documents and Folders directories
    > from my work PC to a memory stick but I can't find where my (Outlook)
    > address book is on this backup.
    >
    > I don't have access to the original computer anymore, just the memory
    > stick. My computer at home is running Outlook Express and I'd like to
    > import all the addresses there.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Default copy settings will only carry non-hidden and non-system
    files. As the Outlook address book file is stored in a hidden
    directory, I'm guessing it didn't get copied.

    Looks like you're out of luck if you can't get to the computer any
    more. Sorry.

    , Jan 5, 2008