    available on my desktop. Any idea how to fix this?

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    Dan
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Hi
    Your laptop seems to be running the original Wireless' manufacturer utility
    that it set to show this things.

    Is the desktop Wireless? If it connects by wire, it would not show the
    Wireless Connections.

    In general, Windows would show the Network icon if the Show Icon is checked
    in the computer Local LAN connections Properties.

    See here in the lower left side, http://www.ezlan.net/example/

    If you want to be able to help, your self and your neighbor educate yourself
    about Wireless Networking.

    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/#Wireless

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 12, 2007

  3. Jack,

    The first link you listed gives me a "forbidden" error message when I try to
    access it. Any other way to see what you were sending me to?

    Thanks, Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Feb 12, 2007
  4. Hi
    Sorry the link did not paste correctly.