Can't find Motherboard model on PCB!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Guest, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello,
    I just installed Window 98 SE onto a 'Homemade System'. When I say home
    made I mean a computer that was assembled by some local computer store.
    This is a list of the hardware installed:
    Zoltrix PCI Voice Fax modem
    All other devices are built into the motherboard. The modem and the NIC are
    also built into the mother board with a small circuit board attached by
    small ribbon cables to the expansion slots. They do not plug into the PCI
    slot.

    This is where the problem comes in. There is no model number on the
    Motherboard. I did find out that it is a PC Chips Motherboard, but without
    the model or version, I do not know what drivers to download. I know that
    this a hang out there question, but I don't know what else to do.

    About the features on the motherboard:

    Chipset is SIS 530 (Northbridge) and SIS 5595 (Southbridge)
    Processor AMD K6-2 500 MHzs
    BIOS -- AMBIOS(American Megatrends) version 1.2 by

    Everything is working properly except for small OS errors without Error
    Messages. An example is when I have had some application opened, then close,
    it leaves the little button in the taskbar for navigating from one
    Application to another.

    :My real concern is the on board modem and nic. I don't have the proper
    drivers for them. If anyone can help, I want to thank you in advance.

    Randy Knebel

    Guest, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Guest

    Kenny Guest

    Belarc Advisor may help.
    Aida32 is very good, more detailed than Belarc but it doesn't seem to be
    available now!
    http://www.aida32.hu/
    I still have an older version of it if you would like to try it.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Guest

    Kenny Guest

    Have since discovered that Aida32 is now Everest, have just tried it and it
    works well, the Home edition is free.
    http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Guest

    Greg Guest

    Have you tried looking for a model number at boot? I had to get a model
    number this way once. Hit Esc when the logo screen came up to show all the
    messages and there it was. Hit the pause button to give me time to write it
    down.

    Greg, Jul 23, 2004
  5. "Greg" <> wrote in message
    > Have you tried looking for a model number at boot? I had to get a model
    > number this way once. Hit Esc when the logo screen came up to show all the
    > messages and there it was. Hit the pause button to give me time to write

    it
    > down.

    Download a program called Aida32.

    Patrick Michael, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Guest

    dalijon Guest

    WOW - love that Everest Program Kenny, it's awesome - Thanks.
    Definitely gonna add it to my bag of tricks.

    Take Care,

    dalijon, Aug 6, 2004