    anything but 640 x 480 pixels.

    Any suggestions, or better yet e-mailing me a copy of the driver in
    question, to tsr58 AT yahoo.com, would be much appreciated.
    tsr58, Aug 1, 2003

  2. tsr58

    paul s Guest

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 00:39:56 +0000, tsr58 wrote:

    > Several months back I reinstalled Windows (from XP to XP Pro) and
    > evidently wiped out a driver for my HP Pavilion mx70 monitor. I've looked
    > high and low... google, copernic agent, drivers.com, etc., and can't find
    > a replacement driver to get the monitor working right.
    >
    > The display is okay, but without the driver I can't set the res to
    > anything but 640 x 480 pixels.
    >
    > Any suggestions, or better yet e-mailing me a copy of the driver in
    > question, to tsr58 AT yahoo.com, would be much appreciated.

    Monitors don't have drivers, graphic-cards do. Windows has a set of
    monitor profiles for most common monitors. If you cant find your monitor
    listed then look for a similar one or a generic profile which suits the
    monitor, e.g. max res and refresh rates.

    Are you sure you got your graphics-card drivers installed?

    --
    Paul S

    - Careful! Ugly strikes 9 out of 10 people! -
    paul s, Aug 1, 2003

  3. tsr58

    Plato Guest

    tsr58 wrote:

    > The display is okay, but without the driver I can't set the res to
    > anything but 640 x 480 pixels.

    Find out what video card you have and install the drivers. Check the
    maker's webpage for you PC

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Agree about the video driver but look for the monitor driver here:

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml;jsessionid=1QBM40QKHYEEDQEXGRMEO
    SQ?reg=na&cc=us&docName=bph02073&lc=en&

    Regards,
    John O.