    When I try to install this exploitation systeme, the computer say me that he
    can't find the hard drive to run the setup. I could it be? Actually, I'm
    talking to you from this computer (I'm actually using Xp professionnal).
    Eric, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Eric

    John Barnes Guest

    You are going to have to provide your system information for anyone to
    provide you some real help.
    Motherboard, chipset, types of drives,

    John Barnes, Aug 10, 2005

  3. What motherboard/system? What HD type? What controller is it plugged in to?
    Give us some help here!

    Many computers use SATA/RAID controllers that require you to manually load
    drivers during installation of the OS, using the F6 key and inserting a
    floppy into the drive. Your computer must be one of those. You'll need to
    download the necessary drivers for your computer, and copy the storage
    drivers to a floppy for use during installation.

    Ultimately, you may need to get someone who is comfortable with this
    procedure to help. But if you give us a bit more information, I'm sure we can
    at least get you started.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Eric

    Eric Guest

    k, my motherboard is a A8V Series from ASUS. K8T800 PRO chipset and I have a
    SATA driver... It's an AMD Athlon 64 processor. If you need more details,
    just say it.

    Eric, Aug 11, 2005
  5. You need to:
    1.) Disable the Promise controller in BIOS
    2.) Download the drivers for your VIA RAID controller from viaarena.com or
    Asus, or planetamd64.com
    3.) Unzip the drivers and copy the contents of the drvdsk folder to a floppy
    4.) Connect your SATA drive to the SATA1 plug on your motherboard, next to
    the VIA controller chip. Do NOT use the two plugs marked "SATA_RAID1" and
    "SATA_RAID2" - they are for the Promise controller.
    5.) Insert the CD into your CD drive and power on. The MOMENT you see the
    prompt at the bottom of the blue screen that says to press F6, do it - press
    F6. This will give you an option to add additional storage drivers. When you
    get that option, insert the floppy and follow the instructions to press S to
    add additional drivers, etc. The setup will complete normally and the
    installation will continue.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 11, 2005