    where can i find them , how can i install them.i got another pc.
    i truly hate vista.
    THANKS
    =?Utf-8?B?UlVCSVRB?=, Sep 20, 2007

  2. You need to contact HP about drivers for their hardware. If they don't
    provide 64bit XP drivers, you'll likely have to run 32-bit XP, or go back to
    Vista. Drivers are the responsibility of the OEM.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 20, 2007

  3. Your machine has the nVidia chipset and if HP doesn't provide 64bit drivers,
    there's a fat chance you can use something else - they do exist. As for the
    nVidia Firewall (Network Controller!) you usually have to install it and
    then specifically un-install it (after re-booting) to have your i-net
    connection see things in the Cyber Universe.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 20, 2007
  4. Tony:
    I checked NVidia's site and they don't seem to have drivers for the
    NForce430 chipset with integrated graphics (6150)
    That's the chipset that the OP's PC has according to:
    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=346118
    NVidia has drivers for the NForce430 chipset without the 6150 graphic card
    for XP x64 here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_8.26_11.09.html
    He might try those under his own risk or, at least, do a selective
    installation of the missing (unknown) devices.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 20, 2007
  5. I admit, Carlos. HP probably fitted this with their own BIOS version, that
    could be of consequence? I am also forgetting about all these numbers -
    isn't that simply the generic NF4 chipset? That should work, I believe.

    Again, this is one of the major reasons why I stopped buying Brand-Name
    stuff - I want to know what's inside and I want the oportunity to exchange
    any of it in the manner I see fit. HP are producing very high quality in my
    mind, I trust them almost completely, but if something breaks, I have to
    have them repair it for me. I won't know who build the motherboard and IF I
    manage to fit something inside, it won't have a compatible BIOS.

    It is true, though: experiment is called for, and no success guaranteed.

    I'm having second thoughts. Perhaps it isn't even a very good idea?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 21, 2007
  6. Tony:
    From my experience I have found that many times the different NF4's have the
    same driver from NVidia, though in different packages.
    I think it is worth a try, though it is up (your second thoughts) to the
    OP's adrenaline and not ours. :)
    I also agree with you with the do-it-yourself approach in my home PC.
    It is a pleasure to select what you stick into it by a careful selection of
    hardware and driver availability.
    The same pleasure women feel when they go shopping!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 21, 2007
  7. You may have something there, Carlos - I've never thought of it in those
    terms. I have suspected for a long time that the shopping activity women
    display, was something considerably more than just 'shopping'. Carefully
    picking the best from an abundant selection. Typical definition of
    'Foraging', I would say.

    Tony. . .

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Tony: