    tried to reinstall the driver also the software utilities of the wireless
    device, but it doesn't work either.

    Can somebody help me please! Thx

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRpdHplcm8=?=, May 15, 2007

  2. Hi
    There is No Ad-Hoc Infrastrucre Network.
    It is either Ad-HOC or Infrastructure. The typical Wireless connection is
    infrastructure. If you would like an Ad-Hoc connection between two computers
    both has to be configured to AD-Hoc independent form the regular Wireless
    Network.
    As for p2p, log to the p2p application's site and look for instructions
    concerning port opening through Windows Firewall.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 15, 2007

  3. Hi jack
    Im sorry , i meant i cant connect to a adhoc network not to an
    infrastructure, i already set my IP manually in the same subnet group so that
    my pc can be recognized by others but still i can't ping to the other
    computer in the adhoc network. Is it because windows blocked my connection to
    an adhoc network.

    For the P2P program , although i had turn of windows firewall i still cannot
    connect to the limewire network. Does an update in my windows block the
    connection to both P2P connection?

    Thx

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRpdHplcm8=?=, May 16, 2007
  4. Hi
    Windows does not block Ad-Hoc connection. If the Firewall is Off, p2p or
    other Internet related are Not blocked.
    Unfortunately in order`to further help you need to describe better your
    system, the Internet connection and how it is configured.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 16, 2007
  5. "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Windows does not block Ad-Hoc connection. If the Firewall is Off, p2p or
    > other Internet related are Not blocked.
    > Unfortunately in order`to further help you need to describe better your
    > system, the Internet connection and how it is configured.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Hi
    I already fix the problem with the adhoc network, yesterday i fix it using
    the winsockxpfix patch, but is it normal if an adhoc connection is not stable
    because there is only 2 computer connected to it?

    For the limewire problem i still can't fix it, i use zone alarm firewall ,
    Wndows XP SP2 and i have an aztech DSL600EU modem router connected to a
    linksys wireless router wrt54g. My modem IP is 10.0.0.2 and my wireless
    router IP is 192.168.0.1.
    Thx

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRpdHplcm8=?=, May 16, 2007