    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
    Southern Kiwi, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
    > erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
    > drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
    > by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
    > Any work around?

    Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Southern Kiwi

    Nelly Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:43:46 +1300, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase or
    >write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My ME
    >machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that is
    >buggering me up?
    >Any work around?
    >TAI

    I had the same problem but unfortunately my labelled CDRW discs when
    checked under the disc properties were actually only CDR's. I had two
    CDRW discs given to me when I bought my laptop and I didn't open the
    discs until 6 months later.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)
    Nelly, Oct 21, 2003
  4. "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > > Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
    > > erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
    > > drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
    > > by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
    > > Any work around?

    > Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.

    Yes it is, yet I still get the SCSI target error. I only get it with this 1
    disc

    Southern Kiwi, Oct 22, 2003
  5. "Nelly" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:43:46 +1300, "Southern Kiwi"
    > <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase

    or
    > >write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My

    ME
    > >machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that

    is
    > >buggering me up?
    > >Any work around?
    > >TAI

    > I had the same problem but unfortunately my labelled CDRW discs when
    > checked under the disc properties were actually only CDR's. I had two
    > CDRW discs given to me when I bought my laptop and I didn't open the
    > discs until 6 months later.

    It shows as a CDRW

    Southern Kiwi, Oct 22, 2003
  6. "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > > Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
    > > erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
    > > drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
    > > by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
    > > Any work around?

    > Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.

    If I try to write to it, it comes up with "could not perform fixation"

    Southern Kiwi, Oct 22, 2003
  7. Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    >> Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >>> Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to
    >>> erase or write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy
    >>> drive error. My ME machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done
    >>> by the XP laptop that is buggering me up?
    >>> Any work around?

    >> Check that Recorder->Choose recorder is pointed to the right device.
    >>

    > If I try to write to it, it comes up with "could not perform fixation"

    Either the CDRW is fucked, you're trying to write too much data to it, or
    your CD-writer isn't writing to it at the right speed.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 22, 2003
  8. On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:43:46 +1300, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase or
    >write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My ME
    >machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that is
    >buggering me up?

    Is it a high-speed CD-RW disc (8x+) or a low-speed CD-RW disc (1x-4x)?

    What speed is the CD-RW drive in the WinME machine?
    What speed is the CD-RW drive in the XP laptop?

    Low-speed drives can't write/erase high-speed discs. Not sure about
    the vice-versa.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, Oct 22, 2003
  9. "Kristofer Clayton" <> wrote in message
    , "Southern Kiwi"> <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    > >Written to with XP, can read with my ME machine, but when I go to erase

    or
    > >write to it with Nero on the ME, it comes up with Scuzzy drive error. My

    ME
    > >machine has IDE drives. Is it the formatting done by the XP laptop that

    is
    > >buggering me up?

    > Is it a high-speed CD-RW disc (8x+) or a low-speed CD-RW disc (1x-4x)?
    > What speed is the CD-RW drive in the WinME machine?
    > What speed is the CD-RW drive in the XP laptop?
    > Low-speed drives can't write/erase high-speed discs. Not sure about
    > the vice-versa.

    Ahhhhh!, that sounds like it.
    The XP laptop has a highspeed CDRW/DVD & the ME desktop has a HP9100 (4x RW)
    The CDRW says it is a high speed 10x, but compatible with 4x-10x
    Thanks for that

    Southern Kiwi, Oct 22, 2003