    system does not recognize the new CD.
    Is this a typical 64 bit problem or is this a hardware problem?
    Anybody venture a guess?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=, Sep 17, 2005

  2. On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:26:16 -0700, "Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >It happened to me quite often already that I cannot eject a CDROM from the
    >drive.
    >It also does not help to force the CD to eject (using a needle) as the
    >system does not recognize the new CD.
    >Is this a typical 64 bit problem or is this a hardware problem?
    >Anybody venture a guess?

    Definitely just a guess. Do you have inCD from Nero installed or other
    packet writing software?

    I ask because the only time I had a similar situation it was caused by
    a bug in inCD. inCD wouldn't release the CD drive once it was finished
    writing and rebooting was the only way to get it to let go.

    Id I recall correctly, Nero says on its website that inCD is 64it
    compatible anyway.
    J. Eric Durbin, Sep 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=

    Default User Guest

    Check under device manager to ensure that the drive is functioning properly.
    Uninstall and reinstall it again to see if that fixes it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Default User, Sep 17, 2005
  4. Hi.

    Cannot remember who it was here that discovered, on some systems you HAVE to
    use the open/close button and not just pushing the drawer shut. Are you an
    habitual 'pusher', you might just have one of those machines.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 17, 2005
  5. It also happens to me on my Dell workstation with their default software.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Sep 18, 2005
  6. Try disabling DLA for your drives. This solved it for me on my Dell
    Workstation.

    =?Utf-8?B?SkVC?=, Sep 27, 2005