    discern that would be helpful.
    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Oct 28, 2007

  2. Flycaster wrote:
    > No matter what I do (while in Yahoo's TV edit), nothing works. I'm just
    > about 100% sure I know what I'm doing, but nothings holds the edited
    > settings. Did google on this, and came up with nothing that I could
    > discern that would be helpful.

    I just went through that - over and over - yesterday. I get the same
    results you do.

    Thanks for reminding me that I was gonna look for a new schedule source
    today.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 28, 2007

    Not sure what features you want, but www.tvguide.com works for me.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 28, 2007
  4. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Flycaster wrote:
    >>> No matter what I do (while in Yahoo's TV edit), nothing works. I'm just
    >>> about 100% sure I know what I'm doing, but nothings holds the edited
    >>> settings. Did google on this, and came up with nothing that I could
    >>> discern that would be helpful.

    >> I just went through that - over and over - yesterday. I get the same
    >> results you do.
    >>
    >> Thanks for reminding me that I was gonna look for a new schedule source
    >> today.

    > Not sure what features you want, but www.tvguide.com works for me.

    1. Speed for my dialup. The simpler/quicker the better.

    2. Ability to only show the channels I care about; I don't have cable.

    IIRC, TVG miserably failed Criterion 1.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 28, 2007
  5. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Thanks for reminding me that I was gonna look for a new schedule source
    > today.

    I use this one: http://www.titantv.com/index.aspx

    Don't know how it works on dialup...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 28, 2007
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for reminding me that I was gonna look for a new schedule source
    >> today.

    > I use this one: http://www.titantv.com/index.aspx
    >
    > Don't know how it works on dialup...

    Bitchin'! That's by far the best I've seen, and it's fast -- no images.

    Thanks!

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 28, 2007
  7. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>> Thanks for reminding me that I was gonna look for a new schedule
    >>> source today.

    >> I use this one: http://www.titantv.com/index.aspx
    >>
    >> Don't know how it works on dialup...

    > Bitchin'! That's by far the best I've seen, and it's fast -- no
    > images.
    >
    > Thanks!

    YW. When I first set it a couple years ago, I just picked my cable
    company and the tier I subscribe to. Titan did the rest.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 28, 2007
  8. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    Titan sounds great, but I can't get it to work (I have registered). Is
    Titan only for tv through the computer? All I want is a TV guide for my
    cable stations through my regular tv. When I try to customize, all I
    get is something less than 69 stations. My cable server, comcast, gives
    me over 100 stations, but they are not listed. In fact, I don't
    recognize many of the stations listed. Interestingly, although I only
    gave my zip code, titan knows my home address??? Need some clues on how
    to get strated. Thanks.
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Oct 28, 2007
  9. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I use this one: http://www.titantv.com/index.aspx
    >>>
    >>> Don't know how it works on dialup...

    >> Bitchin'! That's by far the best I've seen, and it's fast -- no
    >> images.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > YW. When I first set it a couple years ago, I just picked my cable
    > company and the tier I subscribe to. Titan did the rest.

    I use rabbit ears. I told it to just show me broadcast, and it did, but
    I was able to kill the UHFs that have bad reception and the Mexican
    stations. So all of my channels show without the need for scrolling.
    Clean, slick, quick.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 29, 2007
  10. Flycaster wrote:

    > Titan sounds great, but I can't get it to work (I have registered).
    > Is Titan only for tv through the computer?

    It is for your *tv schedule* on your computer.

    > All I want is a TV guide for my cable stations through my regular tv.

    No, it is just a web page.

    Any further questions, you should ask titantv and your cable company.
    I'm just a satisfied user. Titan has a responsive help system via email.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 29, 2007