    dozen times but the window panel pops up again for my (user-name/password) I
    am connected by NTL. I had the same problem before but can't remember how I
    fixed it? I think it was Mike that solved the problem.
    Scottie, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Scottie

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:48:14 -0000, Scottie wrote:

    >I am using IE6, now for some reason I can't receive my email. When I log on
    >a panel comes up asking me to log on with my user-name and password, it even
    >has my user-name and password on it. I have tried re-entering the info a
    >dozen times but the window panel pops up again for my (user-name/password) I
    >am connected by NTL. I had the same problem before but can't remember how I

    If you can't d/l your mail try the webmail interface if NTL have one,
    assuming you mean your NTL mail.

    That would be using OE?

    Maybe,
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1056651617
    Outlook 6 Express always prompts for password

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/save_passwords_in_outlook.htm
    Password Is Not Saved in Outlook or Outlook Express
    Problem:
    You are repeatedly prompted to enter your password in Outlook Express or
    Outlook in spite of how many times you have checked the [Save Password]
    box.

    similar hits on www.google.com including
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264672
    OLEXP: Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or
    XP

    >fixed it? I think it was Mike that solved the problem.

    Couldn't find a thread about a previous email issue, unless it's buried
    in the recent DVD posts. Searched 24hshd for 18 months back posts.

    You could always check with your ISP
    http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/lookup/default.asp

    30 January 2004 17:06 ntl Home - All Packages - E-Mail Service

    ntl:home internet customers on all packages may currently experience
    very slow connections or connection timeouts to our email servers when
    trying to send email at peak times. This is due to a dramatic increase
    in the volume of email being sent and received in the last few days due

    <snip rest of notice>

    Me
    why?, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Everything is working fine now. I logged off, switched the computer off /on
    and my email worked fine again. Haven't a clue what it was but who cares
    it's working. Thanks for your help.
    ========

    Scottie, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Scottie

    Patrick Guest

    Scottie wrote:
    > Everything is working fine now. I logged off, switched the computer
    > off /on and my email worked fine again. Haven't a clue what it was
    > but who cares it's working. Thanks for your help.

    I had the same problem myself earlier this evening, the error report
    specifically said that 'the server was down, try later'.
    The usual scenario with ntl, is that it says your password/user-name are
    wrong.

    Patrick, Jan 30, 2004