    the LCD and try again. The LCD was never on and it doesn't matter
    anyway because I can't get past that windown. Any advice would be
    appreciated.

    Tim Bollup, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Tim Bollup

    Eric Gill Guest

    "Tim Bollup" <> wrote in news:1106359165.426484.86780
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > I'm unable to download pictures using my D20 and EOS Digital Software.
    > When I plug the USB in, the software sees the camera but then I get a
    > message that says the camera is "too busy" and that I need to turn off
    > the LCD and try again. The LCD was never on and it doesn't matter
    > anyway because I can't get past that windown. Any advice would be
    > appreciated.

    Use a card reader. USB 2.0 at least, but preferably Firewire.

    Eric Gill, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Tim Bollup

    Guest

    Tim Bollup wrote:

    > I'm unable to download pictures using my D20 and EOS Digital

    Software.
    > When I plug the USB in, the software sees the camera but then I get a
    > message that says the camera is "too busy" and that I need to turn

    off
    > the LCD and try again. The LCD was never on and it doesn't matter
    > anyway because I can't get past that windown. Any advice would be
    > appreciated.

    Advice #1: Call Canon tech support; they would know more about this
    than any random stranger on USENET might. Better turn-around time too,
    and likely no snarky smart-ass responses like this.

    Advice #2: Buy a $20 card reader like everyone else. It's so much
    faster.

    , Jan 22, 2005
  4. Tim Bollup

    Guest

    Plug in camera to USB port
    Observe camera detection--don't use the windows tools
    run EOS-Viewer
    walk file tree to DESTINATION directory
    click on 20D
    click on'+1'
    click on 'DCIM'
    select all
    drag and drop to destination directory
    wait

    , Jan 22, 2005
  5. Tim Bollup

    BWL Guest

    Using a card reader would definitely solve the problem of downloading from
    the CF card, but you still have issues with the camera if you can't just
    plug in and transfer. I rarely use my card reader because 2/3 of the time,
    I only have 10-20 shots to download, and it's faster for me to plug in and
    transfer than fiddle with removing the card, etc...

    Anyway, if you're using windows XP, you can try setting the camera's
    communication mode to "PTP" (picture transfer protocol), whish uses windows
    XP's own file transfer. I tried it once, and seemed to work OK, although I
    think it only downloaded the JPG's, not the RAW images.

    1) go into the menu on the camers
    2) scroll down to "communication" (in the orange section)
    3) set communication to "PTP"

    It's worth a try, if you don't have a card reader.

    BW

    BWL, Jan 22, 2005