    fine!

    Any ideas as to what is going on?

    Roger C

    Roger Curtis, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Roger Curtis

    Keith Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:36:52 -0000, "Roger Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    >If I download and save the file to disc, and open it from there Adobe works
    >fine!

    That is the proper way to download files from Usenet. You have to
    download the files and save them to disk to execute or load them into
    a program. Outlook has a built in handling for pictures, but not for
    PDF's.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

    Keith, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Roger Curtis

    Chuck Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:36:52 -0000, "Roger Curtis"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> If I download and save the file to disc, and open it from there
    >> Adobe works fine!

    > That is the proper way to download files from Usenet. You have to
    > download the files and save them to disk to execute or load them into
    > a program.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Change your fucking mail address to microwattmind@...

    Chuck, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Roger Curtis

    PC Guest

    "Roger Curtis" <> wrote in message
    >I can't get any of the .pdf files on a newsgroup I use to download
    >properly. Adobe opens and all I get is a blank screen except for an icon in
    >top LH corner.
    > If I download and save the file to disc, and open it from there Adobe
    > works fine!
    >
    > Any ideas as to what is going on?
    >

    > Roger C

    Taking out all the files in the Readers Plugins folder made it work for me,
    have since upgraded to Reader 7 and it seems to work ok now.

    Paul.

    PC, Jan 18, 2005
  5. "Chuck" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Keith wrote:
    > > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:36:52 -0000, "Roger Curtis"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> If I download and save the file to disc, and open it from there
    > >> Adobe works fine!

    > > That is the proper way to download files from Usenet. You
    > > have to download the files and save them to disk to execute
    > > or load them into a program.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!
    >
    > Change your fucking mail address to microwattmind@...

    He probably means you should always have ActiveX controls
    disabled in the Internet Zone, so .pdf files won't work directly.

    L David Matheny, Jan 18, 2005