    serial number on my Nikon N65 but that's not a European camera.

    Help?

    LRH
    Larry R Harrison Jr, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Dave Lee Guest

    The whole Eastern Seaboard has been without power for more than 8 hours.
    Wait a while and try again tomorrow.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    --
    "There are hundreds of tiny balls in every machine, and hundreds of
    machines in every pachinko parlour, and a pachinko parlour on every block
    Dave Lee, Aug 15, 2003

  3. "Dave Lee" <> wrote in message
    > The whole Eastern Seaboard has been without power for more than 8 hours.
    > Wait a while and try again tomorrow.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Dave

    Yeah. Personally, whoever is responsible for this even if it's just choices
    that lead to the design which makes the power so vulnerable, I seriously
    think they're guilty of a crime and should be jailed for 20+ years.

    There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for something like this. Not even
    lightning is a good enough excuse; make it lightning-proof, or make a backup
    system which can take over in such circumstances. Nothing less than absolute
    100.00% perfect is acceptable.
    Larry R Harrison Jr, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Larry R Harrison Jr

    pjp Guest

    Using that logic, every person who has helped design Windows should also be
    thrown in jail. If there was ever a deck of cards ready to come tumbling
    down at the first sign of trouble Windows beats the power grid hands down -
    no contest.

    pjp, Aug 15, 2003
  5. "pjp" <> wrote in message
    > Using that logic, every person who has helped design Windows should also

    be
    > thrown in jail. If there was ever a deck of cards ready to come tumbling
    > down at the first sign of trouble Windows beats the power grid hands

    down -
    > no contest.

    Maybe, but as critical as Windows may seem to be, it can't hold a candle to
    the criticalness of electricity. Hospitals, elevators, refrigerators for
    insulin used by diabetics, etc--all extremely critical, and 100% dependent
    on electricity.

    Therefore, those who produce the electricity need to SERIOUSLY consider it,
    and simply refuse to tolerate mistakes. Don't treat them so casually as if
    it's no big deal. Take it seriously. I honestly believe they don't take it
    anywhere near seriously enough.
    Larry R Harrison Jr, Aug 15, 2003
  6. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Pat Chaney Guest

    Pat Chaney, Aug 15, 2003
  7. Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:

    > "pjp" <> wrote in message
    > > Using that logic, every person who has helped design Windows should also

    > be
    > > thrown in jail. If there was ever a deck of cards ready to come tumbling
    > > down at the first sign of trouble Windows beats the power grid hands

    > down -
    > > no contest.
    > >

    > Maybe, but as critical as Windows may seem to be, it can't hold a candle to
    > the criticalness of electricity. Hospitals, elevators, refrigerators for
    > insulin used by diabetics, etc--all extremely critical, and 100% dependent
    > on electricity.

    and some of those people depend on windows computers too.

    Bob Crownfield, Aug 15, 2003