Can't download Google Earth Program

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Tom33@lakf.com, Aug 4, 2010.

  1. Guest

    , Aug 4, 2010

  2. Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:28:35 -0500, in message <>
    wrote:

    > When I try downloading the Google Earth Program with FF 3.6.8,
    > nothing happens. I have javascript turned on. What else could be the
    > problem?
    >
    > Here is the link.
    >
    > http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

    A couple of thoughts spring to mind.

    1) You have an ad-blocker which is blocking one of the
    shed-load of scripts which the page downloads.

    2) The Mozillazine Knowledge Base has a dozen or so things to
    check and do.

    2.1) Go to the Mozillazine Knowledge Base at http://kb.mozillazine.org
    2.2) Under Firefox, click the link "Frequently encountered issues".
    2.3) Under "U", click the link "Unable to save or download files".

    Make sure you try #4 ("download history") as well as the others.

    --
    Regards
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Aug 4, 2010

  3. Guest

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 23:33:43 +1200, Ralph Fox <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:28:35 -0500, in message <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> When I try downloading the Google Earth Program with FF 3.6.8,
    >> nothing happens. I have javascript turned on. What else could be the
    >> problem?
    >>
    >> Here is the link.
    >>
    >> http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

    >A couple of thoughts spring to mind.
    >
    >1) You have an ad-blocker which is blocking one of the
    > shed-load of scripts which the page downloads.

    Yep.

    >2) The Mozillazine Knowledge Base has a dozen or so things to
    > check and do.
    >
    > 2.1) Go to the Mozillazine Knowledge Base at http://kb.mozillazine.org
    > 2.2) Under Firefox, click the link "Frequently encountered issues".
    > 2.3) Under "U", click the link "Unable to save or download files".
    >
    > Make sure you try #4 ("download history") as well as the others.

    Did it a simpler way. I finally thought of trying MS Internet
    Explorer. It worked. (I normally *never* use IE. They say it's safer
    these days, but I'll still stick with Firefox.)

    I'll keep your email for the next time I run into a problem like this
    again with FF.

    Thanks for answering.

    , Aug 4, 2010