    across" the address bar. I can't download anything that is not from a
    disk. What is the reason?
    -Tom
    Tom, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 6 Jan 2007 06:46:04 -0800, "Tom" <> wrote:

    >Help anyone!
    >I've been trying to download plugins and nothing ever happens. It
    >either directs me to an "untitled" page or a blue bar just "shoots
    >across" the address bar. I can't download anything that is not from a
    >disk. What is the reason?

    Ok.. You specified a mac. Good. How about an operating system,
    browser, version, etc?
    Evan Platt, Jan 6, 2007

  3. Tom

    philo Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On 6 Jan 2007 06:46:04 -0800, "Tom" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Help anyone!
    > >I've been trying to download plugins and nothing ever happens. It
    > >either directs me to an "untitled" page or a blue bar just "shoots
    > >across" the address bar. I can't download anything that is not from a
    > >disk. What is the reason?

    > Ok.. You specified a mac. Good. How about an operating system,
    > browser, version, etc?

    it was in his headers you know

    AppleWebKit/418.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/419.3,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    philo, Jan 6, 2007
  4. Tom

    Senti Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Help anyone!
    > I've been trying to download plugins and nothing ever happens. It
    > either directs me to an "untitled" page or a blue bar just "shoots
    > across" the address bar. I can't download anything that is not from a
    > disk. What is the reason?
    > -Tom

    Can you be more specific? Try to give some specific examples of what
    you're trying to download and from where.

    What software are you using? What version of the OS are you using? Is
    it an old Mac with OS 9? Is it OS X? If so, what version? Are you
    using Safari to download from websites? An FTP client?

    We need more info before we can give any meaningful help.
    Senti, Jan 6, 2007
  5. Tom

    Senti Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On 6 Jan 2007 06:46:04 -0800, "Tom" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Help anyone!
    >>> I've been trying to download plugins and nothing ever happens. It
    >>> either directs me to an "untitled" page or a blue bar just "shoots
    >>> across" the address bar. I can't download anything that is not from a
    >>> disk. What is the reason?

    >> Ok.. You specified a mac. Good. How about an operating system,
    >> browser, version, etc?

    > it was in his headers you know

    > AppleWebKit/418.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/419.3,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    Assuming he was posting from the computer that is having the issue with...
    Senti, Jan 6, 2007
  6. Tom

    philo Guest

    > Assuming he was posting from the computer that is having the issue with...

    yes, I always assume everything

    philo, Jan 6, 2007
  7. Tom

    John Holmes Guest

    philo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On 6 Jan 2007 06:46:04 -0800, "Tom" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Help anyone!
    >> >I've been trying to download plugins and nothing ever happens. It
    >> >either directs me to an "untitled" page or a blue bar just "shoots
    >> >across" the address bar. I can't download anything that is not from

    >> >disk. What is the reason?

    >> Ok.. You specified a mac. Good. How about an operating system,
    >> browser, version, etc?

    > it was in his headers you know

    > AppleWebKit/418.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/419.3,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    All Evan ever does is asking for the OS, browser, version, amongst other
    things. When that's answered by the OP the **** doesn't know what to do
    with the answers and refreins from replying. Conclusion: Evan Platt is a
    fucktard.

    --
    You inept flob of dirty horse sweat.
    John Holmes, Jan 6, 2007
  8. Tom

    Senti Guest

    philo wrote:
    >> Assuming he was posting from the computer that is having the issue with...

    > yes, I always assume everything

    Fair enough ;)
    Senti, Jan 6, 2007
  9. Tom

    philo Guest

    "Senti" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    > >> Assuming he was posting from the computer that is having the issue

    with...

    > > yes, I always assume everything
    > >

    > Fair enough ;)

    and yes...I know the old saying about ... but I still assume

    philo, Jan 6, 2007
  10. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I'm using a MacBook (OS X version 10.4.8), browser (Safari).

    Tom, Jan 6, 2007
  11. Tom

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Tom
    <> wrote:

    > I've been trying to download plugins and nothing ever happens. It
    > either directs me to an "untitled" page or a blue bar just "shoots
    > across" the address bar. I can't download anything that is not from a
    > disk. What is the reason?

    Well, you haven't told us what you click on, what you find when you get
    there, or where it would go.
    You also haven't told us what you have tried.
    Just that it didn't do what you thought.

    First, did the browser open a DOWNLOAD window?
    If it did, then you can see the download progress there -- NOT in the
    Web window. That window never shows download progress, it shows
    page-building progress.

    Now, have you ever checked where the browser is supposed to put things?
    Go to the Preferences and set this location if you want, but you need
    to know where downloads are put. You have no reason to assume it is any
    particular place until you know for sure.

    Now, go to a page where there is something to download -- say,
    http://sohowww.estec.esa.nl/gallery/bestofsoho.html

    and find an image link to download.
    Use the contextual menu (control-click or right-click)
    If it downloads, then everything is jake.

    If you go to a plug-in page, try to use the download to disc option,
    rather than any install immediately option. You can see what you are
    getting that way, and will know what is happening.
    Mitch, Jan 6, 2007