Can't download Adblock

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Steve IA, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Steve IA, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Steve IA wrote:
    > I've tried 1/2 dozen times to download Adblock from
    > https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/
    > but nothing happens when I click the "Install Now" button.

    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/adblock/adblock-0.5.2.039-fx.xpi

    If you right-click on the link above, then select "Save", it will save
    the file to your machine. You can then open the extensions window if FF
    and drag the file from you machine into the extensions window. It will
    then install normally.
    I don't know why a normal click on the link doesn't work. But it doesn't
    work for me either.
    HTH

    --
    Bryan

    Reclaim Your Inbox!
    Bryan Harrison, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Steve IA

    Me Guest

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:41:50 -0600, Steve IA <> wrote:

    >I've tried 1/2 dozen times to download Adblock from
    >https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/
    >but nothing happens when I click the "Install Now" button.
    >http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/adblock/adblock-0.5.2.039-fx.xpi
    >
    >I'm running FF 1.0.
    >Any suggestions? Other links?
    >
    >Thank you
    >Steve
    >41N

    I got it installed, it works great. I always save downloads of stuff
    that I use, but can not remember the name of the download. I'd be
    happy to email you the file if you can tell me the filename and post a
    valid email address. Feel free to put some extra characters in your
    addy.
    Me, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Bryan Harrison wrote:

    > Steve IA wrote:
    > > I've tried 1/2 dozen times to download Adblock from
    > > https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/
    > > but nothing happens when I click the "Install Now" button.

    > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/adblock/adblock-0.5.2.039-fx.xpi
    >
    > If you right-click on the link above, then select "Save", it will save
    > the file to your machine. You can then open the extensions window if FF
    > and drag the file from you machine into the extensions window. It will
    > then install normally.
    > I don't know why a normal click on the link doesn't work. But it doesn't
    > work for me either.
    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > Bryan