    anyone please tell me what i can do if anything to make it work and actually
    download it? I've tried IE from win xp, mozilla and firefox. Same problem in
    all. I even tried flashfxp ftp client.

    heavenbound, May 22, 2004

  2. heavenbound

    Fred Guest

    heavenbound wrote:

    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/FC2-i386-
    > DVD.iso
    >
    > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/
    >
    > when i try to download this in IE or firefox it says it's a 72mb file. if

    > try in ftp the same file it says it's 4.07gb, but after 1.4gb or so the
    > download just restarts everytime. for any mirror too.
    >
    > can anyone tell me why no www browser will properly download that dvd? can
    > anyone please tell me what i can do if anything to make it work and

    actually
    > download it? I've tried IE from win xp, mozilla and firefox. Same problem

    in
    > all. I even tried flashfxp ftp client.

    It seems that the reported size of that dvd-iso is incorrect. It is actually
    more like 3.99GB.
    Perhaps you could try using a download manager that allows resumption of
    interrupted downloads.
    Also try one of the mirror sites as that particular site seems to be
    congested. (It appears that the file is a recent release)
    http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

    Fred, May 23, 2004

  3. heavenbound

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 21:31:30 -0700, "heavenbound" <>
    wrote:

    >http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/FC2-i386-
    >DVD.iso
    >
    >http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/
    >
    >when i try to download this in IE or firefox it says it's a 72mb file. if i
    >try in ftp the same file it says it's 4.07gb, but after 1.4gb or so the
    >download just restarts everytime. for any mirror too.
    >
    >can anyone tell me why no www browser will properly download that dvd? can
    >anyone please tell me what i can do if anything to make it work and actually
    >download it? I've tried IE from win xp, mozilla and firefox. Same problem in
    >all. I even tried flashfxp ftp client.

    More than likely, yer operating system can't handle files that large.
    You never mentioned your os.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Trent©, May 23, 2004
  4. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    -
    > >DVD.iso
    > >
    > >http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/
    > >
    > >when i try to download this in IE or firefox it says it's a 72mb file. if

    > >try in ftp the same file it says it's 4.07gb, but after 1.4gb or so the
    > >download just restarts everytime. for any mirror too.
    > >
    > >can anyone tell me why no www browser will properly download that dvd?

    can
    > >anyone please tell me what i can do if anything to make it work and

    actually
    > >download it? I've tried IE from win xp, mozilla and firefox. Same problem

    in
    > >all. I even tried flashfxp ftp client.
    > >

    > More than likely, yer operating system can't handle files that large.
    > You never mentioned your os.
    >

    > Have a nice week...
    >
    > Trent©
    >
    > Follow Joan Rivers' example --- get pre-embalmed!

    windows xp pro and it does.
    i got it via a mirror ftp using cuteftp. weird that no www browser worked
    properly when telling you how big the file was.

    heavenbound, May 23, 2004
  5. heavenbound

    Robert Baer Guest

    heavenbound wrote:

    > "Trent©" <> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 21 May 2004 21:31:30 -0700, "heavenbound" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/FC2-i386

    > -
    > > >DVD.iso
    > > >
    > > >http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/
    > > >
    > > >when i try to download this in IE or firefox it says it's a 72mb file. if

    > > >try in ftp the same file it says it's 4.07gb, but after 1.4gb or so the
    > > >download just restarts everytime. for any mirror too.
    > > >
    > > >can anyone tell me why no www browser will properly download that dvd?

    > can
    > > >anyone please tell me what i can do if anything to make it work and

    > actually
    > > >download it? I've tried IE from win xp, mozilla and firefox. Same problem

    > in
    > > >all. I even tried flashfxp ftp client.
    > > >

    > > More than likely, yer operating system can't handle files that large.
    > > You never mentioned your os.
    > >

    > > Have a nice week...
    > >
    > > Trent©
    > >
    > > Follow Joan Rivers' example --- get pre-embalmed!

    > windows xp pro and it does.
    > i got it via a mirror ftp using cuteftp. weird that no www browser worked
    > properly when telling you how big the file was.

    CuteFTP *is* rather nice, small, efficent and fast.
    M$ should try emulating that approach...

    Robert Baer, May 23, 2004