    tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    delete this sodding thing? Please help...
    slsbrooks, Jul 22, 2006

  2. slsbrooks

    Guest

    "slsbrooks" <> wrote:

    |>i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    |>tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    |>use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    |>delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    Double click on the process(s), reading it's image and command line
    will tell you where to find them. stop the process and delete the
    file/directory.

    Run Regedit and search for the file name(s) deleting them as you find
    them.

    Right clicking on the Process and selecting Google will describe the
    process.

    --
    Why popular antivirus apps 'do not work'
    http://tinyurl.com/e63uw

  3. slsbrooks

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-22, slsbrooks <> wrote:
    > i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    > tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    > use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    > delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    http://www.kaspesrsky.com/virusscanner
    online...just do it.

    --
    In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
    with words in the proper order then why can't he?
    Jimchip, Jul 22, 2006
  4. slsbrooks

    Fou Guest

    "Jimchip"<> wrote: > On 2006-07-22, slsbrooks
    <> wrote:
    >> i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    >> tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    >> use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    >> delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    > http://www.kaspesrsky.com/virusscanner
    > online...just do it.

    With THAT url, no one can do it. This is better!!!
    *
    http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
    tee hee

    Fou, Jul 22, 2006
  5. slsbrooks

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-22, Fou <novalid@> wrote:
    > "Jimchip"<> wrote: > On 2006-07-22, slsbrooks
    ><> wrote:
    >>> i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    >>> tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    >>> use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    >>> delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    >> http://www.kaspesrsky.com/virusscanner
    >> online...just do it.
    >>

    > With THAT url, no one can do it. This is better!!!
    > *
    > http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
    > tee hee

    Gee, thanks for correcting my typo. Do you do filing? :)

    Jimchip, Jul 22, 2006
  6. Jimchip wrote:
    > On 2006-07-22, slsbrooks <> wrote:
    >> i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    >> tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    >> use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    >> delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    > http://www.kaspesrsky.com/virusscanner
    > online...just do it.

    Are joking ?

    The guy says he has a trojan and can't remove it and YOU give him a BAD
    URL ( this is the CORRECT URL --> http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
    ) and the fact is the Kaspersky online virus scanner will detect but
    will not remove malware.

    Therefore why should he "just do it" he'll still be at square one..
    he can't remove a Trojan !

    To the orginal poster slsbrooks:

    There are experts in the following news groups.
    Please post your problem there and get REAL help.
    I'm sure Art Kopp or one of the other regulars can give you better advice.

    alt.comp.virus
    alt.comp.anti-virus
    microsoft.public.security.virus
    Drew Murring II, Jul 22, 2006
  7. slsbrooks

    Fou Guest

    "Jimchip" wrote"news:12c335ih7r1bud5.
    > On 2006-07-22, Fou <novalid@> wrote:
    >> "Jimchip"<> wrote: > On 2006-07-22,
    >> slsbrooks
    >>>
    >>> http://www.kaspesrsky.com/virusscanner
    >>> online...just do it.
    >>>

    >> With THAT url, no one can do it. This is better!!!
    >> *
    >> http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
    >> tee hee

    > Gee, thanks for correcting my typo. Do you do filing? :)

    No, but hum a few bars and I'll fake it.

    Sorry you took offense at my other post as I meant it in the nicest way.

    Fou, Jul 22, 2006
  8. slsbrooks

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-22, Fou <novalid@> wrote:

    > "Jimchip" wrote"news:12c335ih7r1bud5.
    >> On 2006-07-22, Fou <novalid@> wrote:
    >>> "Jimchip"<> wrote: > On 2006-07-22,
    >>> slsbrooks

    >>> With THAT url, no one can do it. This is better!!!
    >>> *
    >>> http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
    >>> tee hee

    >> Gee, thanks for correcting my typo. Do you do filing? :)
    >>

    > No, but hum a few bars and I'll fake it.
    >
    > Sorry you took offense at my other post as I meant it in the nicest way.

    No offense taken. I have it memorized so I typed it...wrong. Seriously,

    Jimchip, Jul 22, 2006
  9. slsbrooks

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-22, Drew Murring II <> wrote:
    > Jimchip wrote:
    >> On 2006-07-22, slsbrooks <> wrote:
    >>> i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    >>> tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    >>> use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    >>> delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    >> http://www.kaspesrsky.com/virusscanner
    >> online...just do it.
    >>

    > Are joking ?

    [snip]

    STFU...don't you have anything better to do or is that what your tenth
    orgasm of the day sounds like?

    Jimchip, Jul 22, 2006
  10. slsbrooks

    Plato Guest

    slsbrooks wrote:

    > i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    > tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    > use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    > delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    Try running some anti-virus programs and some anti-trojan programs in
    dos. Apps here:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    Plato, Jul 22, 2006
  11. slsbrooks

    Plato Guest

    slsbrooks wrote:

    > i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    > tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    > use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    > delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    If I said dos I meant safe mode.
    Plato, Jul 22, 2006
  12. Jimchip wrote:

    > STFU...don't you have anything better to do or is that what your tenth
    > orgasm of the day sounds like?

    Hey Idiot, the fact is your answer was a NON-answer for two compounding
    reasons...

    1. Bad URL

    2. The Scanner provided doesn't even remove malware found therefore
    leaving the original poster still in the state where he can't remove the
    Trojan he is trying to get rid of.

    Lesson:
    Don't suggest something without direct knowledge of its capabilities !
    Drew Murring II, Jul 22, 2006
  13. slsbrooks

    Bob B Guest

    "slsbrooks" <> wrote in message
    >i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    > tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    > use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    > delete this sodding thing? Please help...

    Do you know the name of the trogen?...lots phoney ones around these days in
    which they try to get you buy commecial spyware removal. They are normally
    hard but not impossible to remove.

    Bob
    Bob B, Jul 22, 2006
  14. slsbrooks

    Plato Guest

    Bob B wrote:

    > >i have a trojan and am having the works of the world to delete it. I
    > > tried deleting it in safe mode but it still says the file is still in
    > > use. How do i fid out what it's running and how to turn it off to
    > > delete this sodding thing? Please help...
    > >

    > Do you know the name of the trogen?...lots phoney ones around these days in
    > which they try to get you buy commecial spyware removal. They are normally
    > hard but not impossible to remove.

    To compound the problem different anti-virus/anti-trojan utils may ID
    the nasty with a different name. In other words, sometimes your
    anti-whatever ids the nasty but cant deal with it so you go look for a
    specific removal tool. You may, or may not find it. You may not even
    find a reference to it, untill you try another util and get a different
    name for it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 23, 2006
  15. slsbrooks

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-22, Drew Murring II <> wrote:
    > Jimchip wrote:
    >

    >> STFU...don't you have anything better to do or is that what your tenth
    >> orgasm of the day sounds like?
    >>

    > Hey Idiot, the fact is your answer was a NON-answer for two compounding
    > reasons...

    Well, gee...just because you are the dumbest, most clueless idiot I've
    stumbled upon lately I really don't want to be calling names.
    [snip...for good]

    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2006
  16. Jimchip wrote:
    > On 2006-07-22, Drew Murring II <> wrote:
    >> Jimchip wrote:
    >>

    >>> STFU...don't you have anything better to do or is that what your
    >>> tenth orgasm of the day sounds like?
    >>>

    >> Hey Idiot, the fact is your answer was a NON-answer for two
    >> compounding reasons...

    > Well, gee...just because you are the dumbest, most clueless idiot I've
    > stumbled upon lately I really don't want to be calling names.
    > [snip...for good]

    Let's see.

    You're wrong, therefore Drew is clueless?

    Har-dee-har-har.

    For the OP, the answers you'll get in alt.comp.virus or
    alt.comp.anti-virus are your best chance at solving your problem. Ask
    for Art or Dave.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
    that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 24, 2006