    says. Tried to reboot, cold boot, turn off all non-essential programs.
    Nothing helps. How can I get rid of this infected file?
    WC

    WCH, Sep 15, 2004

  2. WCH

    teabag Guest

    Have you tried scanning with Spybot or Ad-aware both free programs? Also
    spysweeper by webroot has an excellent program free for 30 days that you may
    want to run. Perhaps one of these programs will be able to get rid of it.
    Spysweeper got rid of VBouncer for me when other programs failed. Just
    thought you might give it a shot. I am sure you will probably get other
    more detailed advice on here.
    Good Luck

    teabag, Sep 15, 2004

  3. WCH

    Brian Guest

    "WCH" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Windows XP P4 machine with Norton Internet Security 2004, fully updated.
    > Two days ago during a full system scan it detected 21 infected files and a
    > trojan virus. It suggested the files be quarantined or deleted. I chose
    > delete. All the files deleted except "netstatt.exe". Delete failed,

    Norton
    > says. Tried to reboot, cold boot, turn off all non-essential programs.
    > Nothing helps. How can I get rid of this infected file?
    > WC

    read:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm
    and
    http://computercops.biz/postitle51982-0-0-.html
    and run this online scanner
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    Brian, Sep 15, 2004
  4. WCH

    Linda Guest

    "WCH" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP P4 machine with Norton Internet Security 2004, fully updated.
    > Two days ago during a full system scan it detected 21 infected files and a
    > trojan virus. It suggested the files be quarantined or deleted. I chose
    > delete. All the files deleted except "netstatt.exe". Delete failed,
    > Norton
    > says. Tried to reboot, cold boot, turn off all non-essential programs.
    > Nothing helps. How can I get rid of this infected file?
    > WC

    Boot to Safe Mode & delete it.

    Linda, Sep 15, 2004