    have the rights to do this but i am the admin.
    any advice?
    For your help it is the only domain controller domain on the network.
    Antonis Tzitzimpasis, Jun 21, 2004

  2. sorry domain controller i mean.

    Antonis Tzitzimpasis, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Antonis Tzitzimpasis

    harryph Guest

    no advice, but heres an idea, try turning the pc off/or
    changing it to a work group pc before you delete the
    account in ad

    harryph, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Antonis Tzitzimpasis

    RH Guest

    Now THAT makes TONS of sense. THINK!!!! if you demote it
    to a workgroup, you have to run DCPromo and remove AD.
    So how can you delete an object in AD after you demote to
    workgroup????? You CANT!!!!; cause the AD objects no
    longer exist. You WERE half right, though; if you demote
    the DC and remove AD, at least you get rid of the
    object. Of course, you're gonna have to reinstall AD and
    all the objects that you DO want.

    RH, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Antonis Tzitzimpasis

    TechGeekPro Guest

    That HAD to be a joke.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 21, 2004
  6. Antonis Tzitzimpasis

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:50:57 -0400, TechGeekPro extemporised:

    > That HAD to be a joke.

    One can only hope, but don't bet the farm on it.

    JaR
    Cynical Thug
    JaR, Jun 21, 2004
  7. circa Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:29:32 +0300, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Antonis Tzitzimpasis
    () said,

    > i just cant delete a computer object in ad.it returns the message i dont
    > have the rights to do this but i am the admin.
    > any advice?
    > For your help it is the only domain controller domain on the network.

    Are you trying to delete a computer object, or a domain controller
    object? And why?

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 24, 2004