    Isn't there anything reasonable and good and fairly easy? I don't mind
    having to pay for inexpensive hosting at $10 month, but not much more.

    , Feb 26, 2006

  2. Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I need to make a forum for the community I live in, but I'm confused
    > and overwhelmed by all the free forums and expensive forums out there.
    > Isn't there anything reasonable and good and fairly easy? I don't mind
    > having to pay for inexpensive hosting at $10 month, but not much more.

    Hosting your own forum can be a nightmare. They seem to attract lots of
    idiots and hackers so unless you are very security savvy and know a bit
    about security and programming (ASP or PHP) then it is best to get a ready
    made package.

    A lot of free forums come and go as people try to jump on the band wagon as
    a money making idea but pull the plug when they realise that they aren't
    going to make anything.

    www.bravenet.com , www.proboards.com and www.ezboard.com have been around
    for ages and are most likely to still be around next year. They are free to
    sign up to so suggest you sign up to each, have a play around and see what
    works for you. They are advert supported but for a community board, that
    shouldn't be a problem.

    Tony, Feb 26, 2006

  3. X-No-Archive: YES
    [] has entered into testimony

    > I need to make a forum for the community I live in, but I'm confused
    > and overwhelmed by all the free forums and expensive forums out there.
    > Isn't there anything reasonable and good and fairly easy? I don't mind
    > having to pay for inexpensive hosting at $10 month, but not much more.

    Ezboard.com is a pretty good ready made package. The cost is based upon
    bandwidth consumption but starts at $30 per year, if I recall correctly.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Feb 26, 2006