cant d/l install sp2

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
    i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
    updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
    it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
    to d/l and install other updates no problem )
    so this has me puzzled
    thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
    folks can shed some light on this
     
    =?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=, Jun 22, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=

    Theo Guest

    What type of connection do you have? The SP2 package is a
    little over 350MB and would take about 45-50 minutes on a
    cable or DSL 1.5k connection.

    Regardless of your connection speed, I would think it best
    to download the SP2 file directly to your computer, not via
    Update, and then run it from your computer. Running it as
    an update requires your connection to be stable and is much
    more prone to errors and problems.


    mojo wrote:
    > hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
    > i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
    > updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
    > it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
    > to d/l and install other updates no problem )
    > so this has me puzzled
    > thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
    > folks can shed some light on this
     
    Theo, Jun 22, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. speed is 8meg line m8
    erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site

    "mojo" wrote:

    > hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
    > i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
    > updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
    > it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
    > to d/l and install other updates no problem )
    > so this has me puzzled
    > thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
    > folks can shed some light on this
     
    =?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=, Jun 22, 2007
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=

    Theo Guest

    I don't have it handy. I would have to go to
    www.microsoft.com and search the "Download Center." It
    shouldn't be too difficult to find.


    mojo wrote:
    > speed is 8meg line m8
    > erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site
    >
    > "mojo" wrote:
    >
    >> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
    >> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
    >> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
    >> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
    >> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
    >> so this has me puzzled
    >> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
    >> folks can shed some light on this
     
    Theo, Jun 22, 2007
    #4
  5. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c0-6283-44c3-bb84-b2f0315b2ae6&DisplayLang=en

    "Theo" wrote:

    > I don't have it handy. I would have to go to
    > www.microsoft.com and search the "Download Center." It
    > shouldn't be too difficult to find.
    >
    >
    > mojo wrote:
    > > speed is 8meg line m8
    > > erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site
    > >
    > > "mojo" wrote:
    > >
    > >> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
    > >> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
    > >> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
    > >> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
    > >> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
    > >> so this has me puzzled
    > >> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
    > >> folks can shed some light on this

    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?S3Jpc3RpYW4gVG9sbGVmc2Vu?=, Jun 22, 2007
    #5
  6. why thank you very much works a treat

    "Kristian Tollefsen" wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c0-6283-44c3-bb84-b2f0315b2ae6&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > "Theo" wrote:
    >
    > > I don't have it handy. I would have to go to
    > > www.microsoft.com and search the "Download Center." It
    > > shouldn't be too difficult to find.
    > >
    > >
    > > mojo wrote:
    > > > speed is 8meg line m8
    > > > erm do u have a link so i can d/l straight 2 pc save going to update site
    > > >
    > > > "mojo" wrote:
    > > >
    > > >> hi i was wondering if any one can help me..
    > > >> i have just installed win xp pro x64 edition (gen copy etc etc) auto
    > > >> updates is turned on but when it comes to d/l sp2 the box opens says d/l but
    > > >> it just sits their ( nearly 1 hour) nothing happens ....( i have been able
    > > >> to d/l and install other updates no problem )
    > > >> so this has me puzzled
    > > >> thnx for taking yer time in reading this hope you good
    > > >> folks can shed some light on this

    > >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?bW9qbw==?=, Jun 22, 2007
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?ZGR3ZWJi?=

    Cant share files/printer via Win2K (host) and XP Pro SP2

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGR3ZWJi?=, Mar 29, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,306
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGR3ZWJi?=
    Mar 30, 2006
  2. Steve Charlton

    cant install windows XP

    Steve Charlton, Aug 11, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    398
    Boomer
    Aug 12, 2003
  3. Joeseph

    after installing SP2 cant read ftp contents

    Joeseph, Oct 1, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    529
    Joeseph
    Oct 3, 2004
  4. unclejesse01

    man i cant belive i cant get help please

    unclejesse01, Apr 9, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    410
    Bill Vermillion
    Apr 14, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U3Vrcml0?=

    cant see WPA on XP (with SP2)

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Vrcml0?=, Aug 12, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    6,014
    DavidT
    Aug 13, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page