    Thanks for any help

    --
    Bill
    WeeWilly, Sep 7, 2005

  2. WeeWilly

    old jon Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to copy the latest
    >recipe to my hard drive. When I right click on it.. nothing happens. I
    >believe it is macromedia. I remember something about this a number of days
    >ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.
    >
    > Short of going to a different browser or ??? , is there a simple solution?
    >
    > One of the things I tried was to Print to File. When I looked at the file
    > it was gibberish. Nothing I have on my computer would read it properly..
    > Tried Word, Adobe, Notepad.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    Try Edit\Select All\Copy, then paste it where you want it ??.
    old jon, Sep 7, 2005

  3. WeeWilly

    John Inzer Guest

    WeeWilly wrote:
    > I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to
    > copy the latest recipe to my hard drive. When I right
    > click on it.. nothing happens. I believe it is
    > macromedia. I remember something about this a number of
    > days ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.
    >
    > Short of going to a different browser or ??? , is there a
    > simple solution?
    >
    > One of the things I tried was to Print to File. When I
    > looked at the file it was gibberish. Nothing I have on
    > my computer would read it properly.. Tried Word, Adobe,
    > Notepad.
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    =================================
    You can do it with Print Screen but
    you will have to do it in sections.

    --

    John Inzer
    John Inzer, Sep 7, 2005
  4. WeeWilly

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:43:04 -0700, "WeeWilly" <>
    wrote:

    >I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to copy the latest
    >recipe to my hard drive. When I right click on it.. nothing happens. I
    >believe it is macromedia. I remember something about this a number of days
    >ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.

    You can't copy and paste from a Shockwave item.

    Best thing is Print screen or shift printscreen, then paste in your
    favorite word processor or image program and print from there. But it
    will be a image, not text.
    Evan Platt, Sep 7, 2005
  5. WeeWilly

    Shawn Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    >I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to copy the latest
    >recipe to my hard drive. When I right click on it.. nothing happens. I
    >believe it is macromedia. I remember something about this a number of days
    >ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.
    >
    > Short of going to a different browser or ??? , is there a simple solution?
    >
    > One of the things I tried was to Print to File. When I looked at the file
    > it was gibberish. Nothing I have on my computer would read it properly..
    > Tried Word, Adobe, Notepad.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    You could try "printscreen" on sections of the page and copy to paint or
    wordpad.
    Shawn, Sep 7, 2005
  6. WeeWilly

    joevan Guest

    wrote:

    >I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to copy the latest
    >recipe to my hard drive. When I right click on it.. nothing happens. I
    >believe it is macromedia. I remember something about this a number of days
    >ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.
    >
    >Short of going to a different browser or ??? , is there a simple solution?
    >
    >One of the things I tried was to Print to File. When I looked at the file
    >it was gibberish. Nothing I have on my computer would read it properly..
    >Tried Word, Adobe, Notepad.
    >
    >Thanks for any help

    Srip32
    http://www.progency.com/other.html#screenrip32

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Sep 7, 2005
  7. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    OJ.. thanks for trying.. but, that didn't work..

    Bill

    WeeWilly, Sep 7, 2005
  8. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Hmm.. I'm not able to make this work either.. So far, all suggestions have
    failed.

    But, THANK YOU for trying to help..

    Bill

    WeeWilly, Sep 7, 2005
  9. WeeWilly

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:05:27 -0700, "WeeWilly" <>
    wrote:

    >Hmm.. I'm not able to make this work either.. So far, all suggestions have
    >failed.
    >
    >But, THANK YOU for trying to help..

    Ok, so you tried print screen. Then you opened a word processor or a
    image manipulation program, and pasted.

    What part failed?
    Evan Platt, Sep 8, 2005
  10. WeeWilly

    Ish Taylor Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    > I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to copy the latest
    > recipe to my hard drive. When I right click on it.. nothing happens. I
    > believe it is macromedia. I remember something about this a number of

    days
    > ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.
    >
    > Short of going to a different browser or ??? , is there a simple solution?
    >
    > One of the things I tried was to Print to File. When I looked at the file
    > it was gibberish. Nothing I have on my computer would read it properly..
    > Tried Word, Adobe, Notepad.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    If you post the link we might be able to help you.
    Ish Taylor, Sep 8, 2005
  11. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Must have done it incorrectly the first time. I did get a picture of the
    page pasted to Word. Looks like it would take about three pastes to get the
    whole page.. but can't figure how to make one document out of it.

    The page is www.topsecretrecipes.com then click on Hooters Buffalo Chicken
    Wings..

    The recipe page comes up. From the previous posts to my question.. it seems
    there is no way to make a Word / Text document from this..?? I, obviously,
    can't figure out how to do that part.

    Again, thanks for all your help..

    Bill

    WeeWilly, Sep 8, 2005
  12. WeeWilly

    Stealth Guest

    I used the print button on their page & printed to a pdf file.
    Worked great. I have Adobe Acrobat.

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    > Must have done it incorrectly the first time. I did get a

    picture of the
    > page pasted to Word. Looks like it would take about three

    pastes to get the
    > whole page.. but can't figure how to make one document out of

    it.

    > The page is www.topsecretrecipes.com then click on Hooters

    Buffalo Chicken
    > Wings..
    >
    > The recipe page comes up. From the previous posts to my

    question.. it seems
    > there is no way to make a Word / Text document from this..??

    I, obviously,
    > can't figure out how to do that part.
    >
    > Again, thanks for all your help..
    >
    > Bill
    >

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in

    message
    > > On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:05:27 -0700, "WeeWilly"

    <>

    Stealth, Sep 8, 2005
  13. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Stealth.. that would be great.. how did you do that? When I hit Print.. I
    get "Add a Printer", my Deskjet and my Laserjet.

    Sorry I'm such a dunce.. but, this'll help in other situations as well

    Thanks for this help..

    Bill

    WeeWilly, Sep 8, 2005
  14. WeeWilly

    Stealth Guest

    As I said, I have Adobe Acrobat Installed and it installs a pdf
    printer in your printers location. I think there are pdf
    emulators that may do this also. Check Google or maybe someone in
    this group can point you in the right direction.

    Stealth, Sep 8, 2005
  15. WeeWilly wrote the following on 9/8/2005 8:02 AM:
    > Must have done it incorrectly the first time. I did get a picture of the
    > page pasted to Word. Looks like it would take about three pastes to get the
    > whole page.. but can't figure how to make one document out of it.
    >
    > The page is www.topsecretrecipes.com then click on Hooters Buffalo Chicken
    > Wings..
    >
    > The recipe page comes up. From the previous posts to my question.. it seems
    > there is no way to make a Word / Text document from this..?? I, obviously,
    > can't figure out how to do that part.
    >
    > Again, thanks for all your help..
    >
    > Bill
    >

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:05:27 -0700, "WeeWilly" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hmm.. I'm not able to make this work either.. So far, all suggestions
    >>>have
    >>>failed.
    >>>
    >>>But, THANK YOU for trying to help..

    >>Ok, so you tried print screen. Then you opened a word processor or a
    >>image manipulation program, and pasted.
    >>
    >>What part failed?
    >>--
    >>To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

    Did anyone else go to the site www.topsecretrecipes.com?
    Did it force you to install Flash Player even if you already had it
    installed?
    Something strange there.

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 8, 2005
  16. WeeWilly wrote the following on 9/8/2005 9:23 AM:
    > Stealth.. that would be great.. how did you do that? When I hit Print.. I
    > get "Add a Printer", my Deskjet and my Laserjet.
    >
    > Sorry I'm such a dunce.. but, this'll help in other situations as well
    >
    > Thanks for this help..
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > "Stealth" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I used the print button on their page & printed to a pdf file.
    >>Worked great. I have Adobe Acrobat.
    >>
    >>"WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Must have done it incorrectly the first time. I did get a

    >>picture of the
    >>
    >>>page pasted to Word. Looks like it would take about three

    >>pastes to get the
    >>
    >>>whole page.. but can't figure how to make one document out of

    >>it.
    >>
    >>>The page is www.topsecretrecipes.com then click on Hooters

    >>Buffalo Chicken
    >>
    >>>Wings..
    >>>
    >>>The recipe page comes up. From the previous posts to my

    >>question.. it seems
    >>
    >>>there is no way to make a Word / Text document from this..??

    >>I, obviously,
    >>
    >>>can't figure out how to do that part.
    >>>
    >>>Again, thanks for all your help..
    >>>
    >>>Bill
    >>>

    >>>"Evan Platt" <> wrote in

    >>message

    >><>

    >>suggestions

    >>processor or a

    Stealth must have the full version of Adobe Acrobat which provides
    Acrobat Distiller. Distiller allows you to print to/create a .pdf file.
    Adobe Acrobat Reader does not provide this driver.

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 8, 2005
  17. WeeWilly

    Ish Taylor Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    > I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to copy the latest
    > recipe to my hard drive. When I right click on it.. nothing happens. I
    > believe it is macromedia. I remember something about this a number of

    days
    > ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.
    >
    > Short of going to a different browser or ??? , is there a simple solution?
    >
    > One of the things I tried was to Print to File. When I looked at the file
    > it was gibberish. Nothing I have on my computer would read it properly..
    > Tried Word, Adobe, Notepad.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    Nutrition Facts:
    Serving size - 5 pieces
    Total Servings - 2
    Calories - 210 (Original - 471)
    Fat - lOg (Original - 3Qg)
    10 chicken wings with skin
    1/4 cup Crystal Louisiana hot sauce or Frank's Red Hot cayenne sauce
    1/4 cup light buttery spread (such as Smart Balance)
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 cup milk
    canola oil non-stick spray

    INSTRUCTIONS
    5. While the wings cool, prepare the sauce by combining the hot sauce and
    light spread in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Heat the mixture,
    stirring often, until it begins to boil. Immediately remove the sauce from
    the heat and cover the saucepan until the chicken wings are ready to coat.
    7. When the wings are cool enough to touch, remove the skin from each of the
    chicken pieces, and discard it. Dip the wings, one at a time, in the
    breading, then into the milk and back in the breading, so that each wing is
    well coated.
    8. Place the wings back on the baking sheet. Spray a coating of nonstick oil
    spray over each wing, so that the breading is moistened, and then bake the
    wings at 450 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Crank the oven up to broil for
    3 to 4 minutes, or until the wings begin to brown and become crispy.
    9. Remove the wings from the oven. Let them rest for about a minute, then
    put them into a plastic container (with a lid). Pour a generous amount of
    the sauce over the wings, cover, and gently stir or toss the wings so that
    they are all well coated with the sauce. Serve immediately.

    I used
    ScreenPic - save to bmp,
    open Lexmark All in one center - choose "edit text found in scaned
    document.
    choose notepad as text editor.
    Ish Taylor, Sep 8, 2005
  18. WeeWilly

    Ish Taylor Guest

    "ITSO azionista" <.100.teraflop> wrote in message
    > WeeWilly wrote the following on 9/8/2005 8:02 AM:
    > > Must have done it incorrectly the first time. I did get a picture of

    the
    > > page pasted to Word. Looks like it would take about three pastes to get

    the
    > > whole page.. but can't figure how to make one document out of it.
    > >
    > > The page is www.topsecretrecipes.com then click on Hooters Buffalo

    Chicken
    > > Wings..
    > >
    > > The recipe page comes up. From the previous posts to my question.. it

    seems
    > > there is no way to make a Word / Text document from this..?? I,

    obviously,
    > > can't figure out how to do that part.
    > >
    > > Again, thanks for all your help..
    > >
    > > Bill
    > >

    > > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    > >>Ok, so you tried print screen. Then you opened a word processor or a
    > >>image manipulation program, and pasted.
    > >>
    > >>What part failed?
    > >>--
    > >>To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

    > Did anyone else go to the site www.topsecretrecipes.com?

    yes

    > Did it force you to install Flash Player even if you already had it
    > installed?

    no

    Ish Taylor, Sep 8, 2005
  19. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Ish, thank you very much.. looks as if I'll have to get a Lexmark.. grin

    And to all who have offered help.. thanks again.

    I have Adobe Reader.. not the Acrobat.. another possibility.

    Bill

    WeeWilly, Sep 8, 2005
  20. WeeWilly

    Ish Taylor Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    > Ish, thank you very much.. looks as if I'll have to get a Lexmark.. grin
    >
    > And to all who have offered help.. thanks again.
    >
    > I have Adobe Reader.. not the Acrobat.. another possibility.
    >
    > Bill
    >

    > "Ish Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "WeeWilly" <> wrote in message
    > >> I went to a website (top-secret recipes) and wanted to copy the latest
    > >> recipe to my hard drive. When I right click on it.. nothing happens.

    > >> believe it is macromedia. I remember something about this a number of

    > > days
    > >> ago here.. but didn't take note of it at the time.
    > >>
    > >> Short of going to a different browser or ??? , is there a simple
    > >> solution?
    > >>
    > >> One of the things I tried was to Print to File. When I looked at the
    > >> file
    > >> it was gibberish. Nothing I have on my computer would read it

    properly..
    > >> Tried Word, Adobe, Notepad.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for any help
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Bill
    > >>

    > > Nutrition Facts:
    > > Serving size - 5 pieces
    > > Total Servings - 2

    snip

    > > put them into a plastic container (with a lid). Pour a generous amount

    of
    > > the sauce over the wings, cover, and gently stir or toss the wings so

    that
    > > they are all well coated with the sauce. Serve immediately.
    > >
    > > I used
    > > ScreenPic - save to bmp,
    > > open Lexmark All in one center - choose "edit text found in scaned
    > > document.
    > > choose notepad as text editor.

    You are quite welcome. I did learn a new use for some programs I have been
    using for years.
    I can't test it, but I think any OCR program would do it.
    Ish Taylor, Sep 9, 2005