can't create system recovery disc in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by searcher007, Jan 3, 2010.

  1. searcher007

    searcher007 Guest

    This is my 3rd installation of windows 7 and the first time I've been
    thwarted at every turn in truing to create a system recovery disc.
    The DVD/CD drive while fatigue is definitely functional. I've tested it with
    DVDs and CDs. I even swapped a DVD drive from another machine.
    2. I renaned the DVD drive to its original letter D. It had changed to "E"
    when a second internal hard drive was installed.
    3. I've use DVD-DDL, DVD-R and DVD-RW empty discs. All have failed.
    4. After cleaning the DVD drive it now makes a sluggish, cursory attempt of
    copying files before surrendering with "No media detected. Please insert a
    disc into the drive" followed by the inscrutable error message 0Xc66AA0202
    message.

    I'm mad as hell. Is it possible to just use a system recovery dis from
    another machine ? Or are certain files customized to the setting and driver
    of each machine.

    Anyway, it's a minor mess and my wife is now quite correctly asking me why
    I'm frittering away my time as an amateur on such a matter and ignoring my
    work responsibilities that make money.
    -- SO ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    Many thanks and sincere gratitude to anyone who takes the time to answer my
    query.
    Sincerely,
    Chris

    searcher007, Jan 3, 2010

  2. You canuse a disc from another machine as long as you only use it for
    SAFEMODE

    --
    Otherwise, shrug shrug.

    Andrei Akhmetov, Mar 22, 2010