    to restore defaults? How can I check and correct settings? Could this have
    anything to do with proxy settings? I am going to share the cost of the
    service with my neighbor if we can get me flying again. Thanks very much.
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9ybw==?=, May 2, 2006

  2. Has your neighbor turned on encryption or MAC filtering to keep others out ??

    MD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=, May 3, 2006

  3. He says he hasn't changed anything.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9ybw==?=, May 4, 2006
  4. Aloha roro,

    What happens if you right-click the connection (on your system tray or under
    Network Connections) and choose "Repair?"

    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP
    Roland Schorr & Tower
    http://www.rolandschorr.com
    Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, May 4, 2006
  5. Have tried it many times - it says "could not repair because following action
    cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address - For assistance contact the
    person who manages your network.

    Of course, I'm not on a network so there's noone to contact. Does this mean
    my neighbor could give me an IP address? I"ll try that - I did not attach
    much significance to this though because I used to get this message even when
    I was able to connect. So I think it may be something different. But what
    do I know?

    Thanks all for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9ybw==?=, May 5, 2006