    Anyone seen something like this before?

    Thanks....

    Jim Lahue
    Jim Lahue, Jul 13, 2007

  2. Jim Lahue wrote:
    > I just downloaded Firefox 2.0.0.4 on a system new to the internet. I
    > have an active connection to the internet (via cable modem), and
    > Netscape V8.0 can access web sites without any problems. Firefox can't
    > access any web pages (Google, Yahoo, ESPN, etc). It doesn't matter if
    > the firewall software is active or not. It also doesn't matter whether
    > I am connected with a hard wire to my router or with a wireless
    > connection to the router.
    >
    > Anyone seen something like this before?
    >
    > Thanks....
    >
    > Jim Lahue

    close the program, open your firewall, remove the FF entry
    and restart FF. Any results?

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 14, 2007

  3. Jim Lahue

    Jim Lahue Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Jim Lahue wrote:
    >
    >> I just downloaded Firefox 2.0.0.4 on a system new to the internet. I
    >> have an active connection to the internet (via cable modem), and
    >> Netscape V8.0 can access web sites without any problems. Firefox
    >> can't access any web pages (Google, Yahoo, ESPN, etc). It doesn't
    >> matter if the firewall software is active or not. It also doesn't
    >> matter whether I am connected with a hard wire to my router or with a
    >> wireless connection to the router.

    <snip snip snip>

    > close the program, open your firewall, remove the FF entry and restart
    > FF. Any results?

    I tried that but it didn't do any good. But, then again, Firefox
    doesn't work if the firewall is disabled.

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    Jim Lahue
    Jim Lahue, Jul 15, 2007
  4. Jim Lahue

    SteveG Guest

    Jim Lahue wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Jim Lahue wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just downloaded Firefox 2.0.0.4 on a system new to the internet. I
    >>> have an active connection to the internet (via cable modem), and
    >>> Netscape V8.0 can access web sites without any problems. Firefox
    >>> can't access any web pages (Google, Yahoo, ESPN, etc). It doesn't
    >>> matter if the firewall software is active or not. It also doesn't
    >>> matter whether I am connected with a hard wire to my router or with a
    >>> wireless connection to the router.

    > <snip snip snip>
    >>

    >> close the program, open your firewall, remove the FF entry and restart
    >> FF. Any results?
    >>

    > I tried that but it didn't do any good. But, then again, Firefox
    > doesn't work if the firewall is disabled.
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestion.
    >
    > Jim Lahue

    I'd say check your account settings .. compare them with the Netscape ones.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Jul 15, 2007