    Network authentification WPA2-PSK, etc. The desktop doesn't seem to want to
    accept the network key. Why can't I get my desktop to connect??? Is there a
    security setting that is to blame or an update issue?
    Gil, Mar 23, 2008

  2. Hi
    If you can not enter the WPA key and the network is secured it will Not
    connect.
    The security key option are Not up to Windows, the windows utility reads it
    from the Wireless card drivers.
    Download the latest drivers from D-Link. If it does not work with Windows
    Native utility switch it off ( http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html ) and try the
    D-Link utility.
    In general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Otherwise, take it with D-Link support.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 23, 2008

  3. Gil

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 23, 5:07 pm, Gil <> wrote:
    > I have a Dell Dimensions 8200 Desktop(circa 2002) running Windows XP with
    > SP2. I just bought a D-Link DWA-130 Wireless N USB Adapter and I am trying
    > to connect this set up to a Mac Airport Extreme wireless Router. The PC
    > recognizes the wireless signal and correctly identifies the network.
    > However, when I attempt to connect, the PC does not connect. I have a
    > Toshiba laptop running Windows XP with SP2 that connected to the network
    > without incident the very first time and remains connected. I have compared
    > the settings of the laptop and desktop and they are virtually the same --
    > Network authentification WPA2-PSK, etc. The desktop doesn't seem to want to
    > accept the network key. Why can't I get my desktop to connect??? Is there a
    > security setting that is to blame or an update issue?

    Which connection "monitor" are you using to enter / manage the
    wireless connections? D-Link delivers their own and Microsoft offers
    Windows Zero Configuration. Both can not / should not be running at
    the same time.
    smlunatick, Mar 24, 2008