    Any idea?

    Kind regards,
    Willi

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsaGVsbSBIdW1tZXI=?=, May 20, 2007

  2. Hi
    When each one connects what is the IP that it is connected with?
    Try a static IPs.
    May be the DHCP provides only one IP.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 20, 2007

  3. Hi Jack,

    Maybe I did not put my words exactly, but the DHCP seems to be fine.

    The dynamic IP addresses the two machines get from the router's DHCP server
    are 192.168.0.186 and 192.168.0.191, respectively. (BTW, they also have
    different local IPv6 addresses).
    I also tried to set the same IPs to static - makes no difference.

    Kind regards,
    Wiilli

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsaGVsbSBIdW1tZXI=?=, May 20, 2007
  4. Hi
    D-Link (and other brands as well) have problem with some of their older
    Router. Vista's TCP/IP stack was revamp and some Routers can not deal with
    it. Email D-Link might be that your Router (the Dl-524 is an old device)
    falls into this category.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 21, 2007
  5. Actually I bought the router just a week ago...
    But thanks for your help, I will ask D-Link.

    Kind regards,
    Willi

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsaGVsbSBIdW1tZXI=?=, May 21, 2007
  6. Hi
    You got it a week ago, never the less, the 524 model is few years old pre
    Vista time.

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 21, 2007