Can't connect to WiFi/wireless network on laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by nmfc, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. nmfc

    nmfc

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi there, I have a bit of a problem here.

    I can't seem to connect to ANY wireless networks with my laptop.

    My laptop is a HP with Win XP SP2, equiped with an HP WLAN 802.11a/b/g W500 card.

    I know that it isn't my router, because I can connect to the Internet wirelessly on my other laptop (which I'm on right now), as well as with my iPod Touch's built-in WiFi, as well as my main PC which is not wireless.

    When I try to connect, I enter the (correct) WEP key and connect. The Wireless Network Connection window comes up and everything seems to connect okay. Even the window will display "Connected!". The window will then disappear, but on the "Choose a wireless network", my network displays Not connected.

    Same goes for ANY network I try to connect to. I've tried an unsecure network that I pick up from a neighbour, but I get the same results.

    Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

    -nmfc
    nmfc, Mar 19, 2008