Can't Connect to the Web No matter What I Do.

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by feurio, Apr 4, 2010.

  1. feurio

    feurio Guest

    My wireless on my laptop shows a good connection to my access point
    (2Wire),
    but the browsers or anything else that I try to use to connect to the net,
    fails. Tried all kinds of tools to reset TCIP from Microsoft and 3d party
    tools. LSP-Fix doesn't show any problem. Tried winsock fix, reset the stack
    several times. Even deleted it manually and reinstalled. No change. I'm at
    the end of my rope. Please help. I'msending this from my destop

    WinXP SP3

    Serge

    BTW, Windows Diag bundled with IE shows this:

    Last diagnostic run time: 04/03/10 21:02:15 WinSock Diagnostic
    WinSock status

    info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2
    error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock
    catalog. A reset is needed.
    info Redirecting user to support call

    Network Adapter Diagnostic
    Network location detection

    info Using home Internet connection
    Network adapter identification

    info Network connection: Name=Bluetooth Network Connection, Device=Bluetooth
    Device (Personal Area Network), MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=BLUETOOTH
    info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Realtek
    RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection, Device=Intel(R)
    PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS
    info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter,
    MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
    info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for
    selection
    action User input required: Select network connection
    info Wireless connection selected
    Network adapter status

    info Network connection status: Connected

    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or
    address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    name or address could not be resolved
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.

    feurio, Apr 4, 2010

  2. feurio

    Lem Guest

    feurio wrote:
    > My wireless on my laptop shows a good connection to my access point
    > (2Wire),
    > but the browsers or anything else that I try to use to connect to the net,
    > fails. Tried all kinds of tools to reset TCIP from Microsoft and 3d party
    > tools. LSP-Fix doesn't show any problem. Tried winsock fix, reset the stack
    > several times. Even deleted it manually and reinstalled. No change. I'm at
    > the end of my rope. Please help. I'msending this from my destop
    >
    > WinXP SP3
    >

    > Serge
    >
    > BTW, Windows Diag bundled with IE shows this:
    >
    > Last diagnostic run time: 04/03/10 21:02:15 WinSock Diagnostic
    > WinSock status
    >
    > info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2
    > error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock
    > catalog. A reset is needed.
    > info Redirecting user to support call
    >

    > Network Adapter Diagnostic
    > Network location detection
    >
    > info Using home Internet connection
    > Network adapter identification
    >
    > info Network connection: Name=Bluetooth Network Connection, Device=Bluetooth
    > Device (Personal Area Network), MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=BLUETOOTH
    > info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Realtek
    > RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    > info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection, Device=Intel(R)
    > PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS
    > info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter,
    > MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
    > info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for
    > selection
    > action User input required: Select network connection
    > info Wireless connection selected
    > Network adapter status
    >
    > info Network connection status: Connected
    >

    > HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    > HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity
    >
    > warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    > address could not be resolved
    > warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
    > address could not be resolved
    > warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    > name or address could not be resolved
    > warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or
    > address could not be resolved
    > warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or
    > address could not be resolved
    > warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
    > name or address could not be resolved
    > error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    > error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    > error Could not make an FTP connection.

    Are you sure you're actually authenticated to the router? What does
    ipconfig /all show?

    --
    Lem

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:

    Lem, Apr 4, 2010

  3. Hi
    Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)..

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Apr 5, 2010
  4. feurio

    farneville

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2010
    Messages:
    15
    call your ISP

    farneville, Apr 6, 2010
  5. feurio

    chasuck

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    wireless connection probs

    I have exactly the same problem - did you find the fix?

    chasuck, Nov 14, 2010