    get as far as asking for the network key) The message says to refresh the
    list as the router may be out of range but on refreshing it's still there.

    Any suggestions?
    Trevor, Dec 30, 2008

  2. Connect to the router with another PC (or via Cable with this PC) and check
    the security settings of the wireless part of it. It may be using an
    encryption type that the wirless nic cannot do. You could try it with open
    security (no security) first to verify there are no hardware or driver
    issues. If that works then, you can find a security combination that
    everything is happey with.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Dec 30, 2008

  3. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    The router is connected via cable to the computer I am using here. The one
    I am trying to use has been working fine until I recently reinstalled
    Windows then didn't know what type of wireless adapter was in there so
    opened it up and looked it up and now have the drivers installed.

    It is WPA/PSK encryption and I am certain of the key.

    The latest situation is I have it 'acquiring Internet address' then
    disconnected with signal strength varying between good and none.

    I know I've been here before with PC's at home and spent weeks trying to get
    them going then never worked out why they suddenly started.

    Any thoughts?

    Trevor, Dec 30, 2008
  4. Trevor

    DDT Guest

    I had the same problem and i was really sick of it solution is really simple
    you just have to put the router in pairing mode for the first time you can do
    that by pressing the button number located on the back of orange live box.
    there are two buttons there 1 and 2 just press button number 1 and you will
    see light which shows wireless connection starts blinking you will have 10
    mins to pair ur computer with the router and if you still cant connect try
    changing the channel in router settings try channel 9 remmeber you will need
    to pair ur system with router only for the first time

    DDT, Jan 19, 2009