    I've double checked all the network and router things. Any help with this
    problem will be much appreciated. I backed up all my files from this 'puter
    to the remote one and now I can't retrieve them. TIA, Robert.

    Robert Stirling, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Robert Stirling

    un8bf Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:29:31 -0400, "Robert Stirling"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anybody help me with this problem.
    >I used to be able to share files between two computers, both running Windows
    >98SE. Since I reformatted one computers' hard drive I can no longer share
    >files.The 'puters are connected through DSL on a Linksys BEFSR41 router.
    >When I click the Network icon on 'puter "A" I see both icons but can only
    >connect to one - "A". I get an error message when I try to connect to the
    >remote 'puter which says " \\Tigger is not accessible
    > The computer or sharename could not
    >be found. Make sure you typed it correctly, and try again .
    >When I click on the remote computers' Network icon I don't see any icons.
    >Only a flashlight searching.
    >I've double checked all the network and router things. Any help with this
    >problem will be much appreciated. I backed up all my files from this 'puter
    >to the remote one and now I can't retrieve them. TIA, Robert.

    Here's a checklist thay might help:
    Is Client for Microsoft Networks installed?
    Is your workgroup the same on both computers?
    Is File and Printer sharing enabled?
    Is NetBeui installed?
    Recheck the Properties for your C drive; make sure Shared As is
    enabled.

    un8bf, Jun 24, 2003