    entered the network key supplied by the provider but can't simply connect.

    Who can help me out?

    Richard.

    Richard L., Dec 7, 2006

  2. Richard L.

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:11:17 +0100, "Richard L." <>
    wrote:

    >I have a broad band connection in the house but have problems connecting my
    >lap top to the net work. I have installed the wireless PC card correctly and
    >entered the network key supplied by the provider but can't simply connect.
    >
    >Who can help me out?

    Is the laptop a mac? Windows? What o/s?

    What is the wireless router? What happens when you try and connect?

    Evan Platt, Dec 7, 2006

  3. Richard L.

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:11:17 +0100, Richard L. Has Frothed:

    > I have a broad band connection in the house but have problems connecting my
    > lap top to the net work. I have installed the wireless PC card correctly and
    > entered the network key supplied by the provider but can't simply connect.
    >
    > Who can help me out?

    The person who set up the wireless access point.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Dec 7, 2006
  4. What do you mean wireless PC card, maybe PCMCIA card or do you have a
    desktop PC and you installed a wireless NIC on the desktop PC? Do you have a
    wireless router? The network key is not provided by the "provider" but is
    made up by you when you set up wireless security on the WAP which wuld be
    the wireless router and then when you fire up your laptop and it sees the
    router it will ask you to enter a network key and then you supply that same
    key.

    Elinor Bahiti, Dec 8, 2006